Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you catch the most fish on?
What do you catch the most fish on?
[signature]
worms, what about you Ryan?
[signature]
Worms also because that's about all I use.
[signature]
I use all kinds of baits for freshwater fishing but I would agree that worms is probably the best all around bait. Given the right presenatation, a worm can catch just about anything.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] I spend a lot of time trolling when I fish, and I use a simple Castmaster lure in chrome silver. It drives the Wipers mad.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]Where I am in the summer. I use a beetle spin mostly because it will catch a wide variety of fish from little to big. Worms are good but you do not cover much water as fast as you do casting.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Stream fishing for trout, I primarily fish gold and silver Mepps Aglia plain(ultralight to size 5), crawlers, and FireBalls. On beaver ponds, I switch to gold, silver, and copper #500 SuperDupers. I occasionally use silver and gold Super Vibrax, but for the way I fish the Mepps seems to give more strikes and doesn't seem to twist the line as much. I tie directly to the lure with no swivel.

As mentioned in an earlier response, you can fish more efficiently (faster) and cover more water with hardware and that is my first choice assuming the water is clear enough. If the water is too turbid, or if the hardware doesn't produce strikes even in clear water, I switch to crawlers. The FireBalls are used in clear water where rainbows predominate (I haven't caught a brown or brookie on a FireBall yet) and don't go for the hardware.

The crawlers and Fireballs are normally fished ultralight (2 lb line) with little or no added weight. If I do weight, I use the small cylinder-shaped nymph weights from Fly-Rite, Inc.

With crawlers on big canyon rivers, I weight with Bass Pro's Clam Shot -- #'s 4, 5 or 6. Of course my friend, who always seems to do better bait fishing than I do, fishes these big waters with a couple BB split shot!!
[signature]
hharada welcome to BigFish...

sounds like you have a productive pattern pratice.

we would love to here your fish reports on the state forums, pics are always welcome. we have several contest and give aways going every week not to mention the Ultimate 16 Species fish contest with some great prizes.

I will see ya later on the boards.
[signature]