Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the warmouths have taken over (SE WI panfishing)
apparently they have made a strong rise this year. havent caught a single bluegill but pounded 4 of these rock bass/bluegill hybrid warmouths on saturday. 2 of the 4 took #00 mepps spinners and the others took a 5" senko and a popper! this little guy (one who took the popper) was a pig for sure. greedy little guy.

[Image: 66422751lm5.jpg]

[Image: 45754758xe2.jpg]

its all catch and release, but i would have had one pretty stringer for dinner.
[signature]
Nice report. I bet that pond is just full of those little buggars.[cool]
[signature]
[size 1]Panfish with an attitude.. I bet that was a good time! [Wink] [/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1][/size]
[signature]
you bet it was a good time. and i just checked the state records for wisconsin, check this out:

[Image: reczj0.jpg]

that guy was damned near 1 lb.
[signature]
[cool]
you'll have to get back there in a few days.. Do you have a canoe or a john boat you can sneak around with?
[signature]
Those are some great pic's, they are a nice fish. I know my local rivers, they are hard to come by. You really have to hunt for them, and the only places i've found them is right in the middle of the worst snags I can find. LOL, that makes it real interesting when I hook a good sized one.

I know my son and father in law hit the water Sunday and really put a whoopin on the panfish. They were using beetle spins in the chartrues color, as well as the old bobber and hook with live wax worms. The water was down and warm, and the fish are hungry. I wish I were able to hit the water with them, but I didn't get out this past weekend.
[signature]
thanks. went out today for a couple hours and was able to hunt down one hog.

[Image: 88742467fl7.jpg]

when i spotted him from above i thought it was a small bass. jigged a rooster tail in his face and wham! fish on. tipped the scale at 3/4 lb.
[signature]
Way to go bro. Show him who's boss.[cool]
[signature]