Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass in an aquarium
I saw a video today that shows a largemouth bass in an aquarium being fed a live mouse. I thought it was illegal to keep gamefish as a pet. Here is a link to the video. http://www.jibjab.com/view/135803 Is it legal to raise fish like perch and crappie in a home aquarium.
[signature]
You can try it if you like, the DWR is always looking for hefty money donations a.k.a. Highly illegal without the proper paperwork.
[signature]
I dont see why its illegal, but in some cases I would agree that it should be.

A friend I had back in '85 he had caught a small mudcat when the Jordan River was flooded.

He kept it in a 5 gallon bucket. We fed it live suckers, it loved suckers! I tried to feed it other things like worms but suckers were its favorite, it was only 3 inches long too!

In fact if I ever get the money I want an aquarium. But I wont under any circumstances keep a gamefish species as a pet.

I would rather though, have shiners. Chubs too, they are pretty to me.
[signature]
Yea it is highly illegal like Fish4fun05 said. But with the proper paperwork you can have them. I think I would rather have them out in a pond than in a tank in the living room.

Majja
[signature]
HAHA that'd be so awesome. Thanks for the post! Does anyone know what kinda licence is required to have trout in a personal pond/lake. I understand that there are some environmental requirements of such a pond to sustain healthy trout. What does the state require though?

-Rob
[signature]
You can buy bass trout and many other fish from fish farms some in Utah and other states and most will have the paper work that it takes....

[signature]