Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
flaming gorge derby with pics

I don't know what happened to the wording new guy card, just learning these posts, Anyway these are the pics from the Manila derby we had a blast, We caught 3.5 # kokes every day but they we not enough to get on the board, one of my buddies on his first year won the trolling motor, I did catch a 4# post spawn monster rainbow in the marina that was nice, Oh ya while we were fishing in the marina the new host for the outdoor show on chanel 2 left humdingers boat to film us catching fish ( cuz he wasnt lol) we are suppose to be on the show this saturday night.
[signature]
Looks like you had a great time! Thanks for the pix.
[signature]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3]Welcome to the posting part of BFT!!! Glad to have you around. I'm not much of a derby guy and have only done the Buckboard derby once a few years ago with a friend and his dad, and that was enough for me.LOL. Anyway glad you guys had a good time and them are some nice looking fish I bet they were rather tasty. I will have to try and catch that Channel 2 report. That is this coming Sat at 11pm right? I will set the DVR to make sure I catch it.[/size][/#808000][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3][/size][/#808000][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3]Later[/size][/#808000][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3][/size][/#808000][/font]
[signature]
You wouldn't be conning us with your 1st post would you, con man??? [Tongue] JK

Welcome to the boards, and thanks for the report and pics. I am headed that way this weekend. I hope we can get into a koke or two. [Smile]
[signature]
Mike good to see you join us on the post. i am headed for the gorge
today at noon for a week of fishing with the boys. wish me luck.[cool] your old nabor tracy.[sly]
[signature]
Wow great to hear from you, hows the ol hood. Good luck up there the best area for the koks was buckboard come out of the marina go right about 500 or so yards drop your downriggers beetween 28 and 18 feet deep stay in the 80 foot range water troll at 1.7 with big pop gear and a kok killer behind it ( black and pink) tippped with a worm and when you find them keep going back over them youll have fishys all day. (OOPPS)[shocked] I just told my seceret for the buckboard derby.[cool]
[signature]
Hay mike, same ol hood. the people that bought your house are cool. thanx for the advice on the kokes. i have a guide for macs friday morning sholud be a blast. i will post the resultes of the trip

peace <>< [cool]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Sweet report and pictures. Those trolling motors are supplied by Lee's Marine in Hyrum. Glad to see your buddy was lucky enough to get one![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Great report and pics! Thanks for posting it up here. I'll try and remember to watch channel 2. Any time we can get a few BFT'ers on TV its a good thing! Congratulations on your new fame! And thanks again for the report!
[signature]
Rileyfish and i will also be on the outdoors show. we are in the green tracker next to them as they where filming
[signature]
I guess they'll put anybody on TV these days! LOL Just kidding... I look forward to seeing the show if I'm around this saturday night.
[signature]
hey we tried to block rileyfishes face as much as we could[Tongue]
[signature]
We had a fun time at the Villa Derby. The hottest lure for us was the serpant spoons (rocky mountain tackle ). We caught most are fish between 35 & 45ft deep. We had the Dodger/ lure only ten ft from the ball & they hit it better than the long lines. Couldn't ask for better weather. Travis
[inline "VILLA 2007 (1)a.jpg"]

[inline "VILLA 2007.jpg"]

[inline "VILLA 2007 (10)a.jpg"]

[inline "VILLA 2007 (15)a.jpg"]

[inline "VILLA 2007 (19)a.jpg"]

[inline "VILLA 2007 (18)a.jpg"]

[inline "VILLA 2007 (16)a.jpg"]

[inline "VILLA 2007 (11)a.jpg"]
Travis,

Where are all the catchin pictures. We all want to see fish being caught. Fish pics man fish pics.
[signature]
We only kept 4 kokes for dinner. I have some video of cathing fish. We released all other fish, without the nett. We knew how big the fish had to be. Travis
I did not have a chance sat nite to see the outdoor show on chanel 2 did anyone see it we were supose to be on it.
[signature]
You weren't on it. They only did the Gary Mirales thing for like 5-10 minutes and the rest of the show was on ATV's and kayak fishing. I was pretty diappointed in the show... to say the least.
[signature]
i feel the same say you do kidder
[signature]
Yeah, we know you guys caught kokes... we've seen the pics and heard the reports. Why then would they only air a couple of small rainbows? And claim Gary came from California to catch rainbows? Nobody goes to the Gorge to catch the 12-14 inch bows they aired! LOL And I'm all for the kayak fishing, and I think ATV's have their place... but, why not do a full show on the derby? In years past Doug Miller would do whole shows about kokes. He would also have Gary or Jared do the tackle tips segment. This show was a total waste in my opinion!
[signature]
Dude, I could not have said it better. I was totally disapointed. I feel that if a guy takes that much time out of his schedule to come up a day early and his past dealings with These folks they should have treated him a little better. What a bum rap! Gary enjoys catching bows as much as kokes. But there is a little more art to catchin those kokes.

Oh well it was still fun to be around those guys and see how they do things.

RILEY
[signature]