Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Many Freshwater Species Have you Caught?

Hey there guys,

I've been lucky and able to fish (on the excuse of business) around the world and have caught lots of different species of fish. I've tried to search out and fish for unique fish.

This is not a braggin' post! I just wonder (number wise) how many freshwater species other people have caught? And what's the most unique or interesting one you've caught? When you think about it, you'd be suprised at how many you've racked up if you fish regularly. It's fun to go down memory lane for us older guys. ha ha

Hope there's a lot of posts,

JapanRon
[signature]
hi, well i,ve caught my brookies, rainbows,browns perch bass small and large, horn pout even a stupid eel,suckers, dase, that,s bout it for me oh pickeral. carp that almowt pulled me in when i was 5 and the eel, the puppy kept tryin to git hold of it nad i,ve got my line way out to stay away from the stupid thing and tryin to pull it aways from the pup at the same time.that was fun! so i got sick of it and just cut the line and got it back to the triver haha
[signature]
Let's see, rainbows, browns, 2-3 strains of cutts ( I'm not sure because I caught some that were juveniles, and I'm not sure what kind was there), brookies, splake, tiger trout, perch, smallies and largies (bass), green sunfish (but no bluegill surprisingly), black bullhead, oh yeah, and chubs. So not counting different strains: 12.
[signature]
1. blue gill
2. war mouth bass
3. pumpkinseed
4. sun fish
5. deap water roache
6. giant minnow (lake hairing)
7. cisco
8. perch
9. white horese sucker
10. red horse sucker
11. small mouth bass
12. large mouth bass
13. rock bass
14. carp
15. crappie white
16. crappie black
17. trout rainbow
18. trout brown
19. trout brook
20. salmon chinook
21. splake
22. saugeye
23. walleye
24. pike northern
25. pike gar
26. cat fish channel
27. cat fish black bull heads
28. cat fish yellow bull heads

29. sturgen

30. dog fish (bow)

31. cray fish (craw dad)

32. eel (lamphey)

33. tubrous gobey

34. mallard duck

35. zebra mussle

36. fresh water clam

37. papst blue ribbon can with a 6 inch cat fish stuck in side

38. a 36 d cup brazeer [angelic]

it looks like I still have a few to land to have them all. [cool]
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]Maybe more, but this is all I can remember right off.

1. Blue Gill Red Breast
2. Blue Gill Red Ear
3. Blue Gill
4. sun fish
5. pumpkinseed
6. War mouth robin
7. Black Drum
8. perch White
9. perch Yellow
10.perch Flier
11.Red Fin Pike
12.large mouth bass
13.Flounder
14.carp
15.Rock fish
16.crappie black
17.Tout Speckle
18.Tout Grey
19.Blue Fish
20.red horse mullet
21.Herring
22.Shad Hickory
23.Shad American
24.cat fish River
25.cat fish Blue
26.cat fish channel
27.cat fish bull heads
28.cat fish yellow swamp
29.Red Drum
30.Bowfin Mudfish
31.Flounder
32.gar
33.eel
[/size][/font]
[signature]
I haven't caught near as many fish species as the rest of the guys. Although I have Caught around 15 or more.
[signature]
Golly...Years ago when my youngest son was 11 he came traipsing across the campground with all the other kids right beside him. Dragging behind him was a very unhappy mallard on his bass plug. He still claims that duck fought harder than any fish he's caught yet. Anyway I got that poor critter unsnagged and turned loose and told my son he's the only one I ever heard of catching a duck. Guess I was wrong.[cool]
[signature]
*sighs

1.Carp

2.Largemouth Bass

[blush][blush][blush][blush][blush][blush][blush][blush][blush][unsure]
[signature]
Hi Ron,

Not so much as how many you caught but to how many you released. Thousands of walleye, hundreds of pike, musky, crappie, bass, sheephead, drums, carp, flatheads, channels, blues, gills, man the list never ends. I fish barbless hooks, release at boatside if possible, and run a real good live well system as needed. I also use a rubber coated net for slime protection for fish. love Life and taker a kid fishin'

CatmanErv
[signature]
I have actulay caught several ducks in my life time, I try not to but some times I am just so relaxed out on the water I dont even pay attion to what is going on around the bobber untill I finaly notice it is missing (for how long... ?) you would think your hook would be safe 2 foot under the water, but I gess when you've got the right bait, nothing is safe from your hook. (dont ask what I was usiing for bait [laugh])
[signature]

Hi there davetclown and other contributors,

Maybe we ought to ask 'how many other animals have you caught while fishing?' ha ha

I caught my dad once, once was enough!
I've caught brown pelicans, a tern, a bunch of seagulls, small diving bird???, a crab, starfish, various bi-valves, frog, red banded water snake (4ft long and hissing), sea lion, jellyfish, moray eel, various rays! oh ya, last and NOT LEAST a small squeeking fruit bat caught on a back cast.

JapanRon
[signature]
what is a grey trout?
[signature]
yeah i too have caught plenty of animals. seagulls, terns, two mallard ducks, my dog on several occasions, and last week while practicing my spot casting in the front yard, I caught the neighborhood cat! I had on a silver grub without the hook, and was casting it across my grass to some targets i had set out. On the retrieve that gray grub must have looked like a mouse skipping across the grass.
[signature]
[Smile] 1.walleye

2.Northern

3.muskie

4.pickeral

5.largemouth bass

6.smallmouth bass

7.white bass

8.rock bass

9.bluegill

10.pumpkinseed

11.sunfish

12.white crappie

13.perch

14.sauger

15.freshwater drum

16.tullibees

17.whitefish

18.black crappie

19.rainbow trout

20.brown trout

21.cutthroat

22.lake trout

23.king salmon

24.chinnok salmon

25.splake

26.dog fish

27.cat fish

28.black bullhead

29.brown bullhead

30.sucker

31.carp

32.redhorse

33.buffalohead

34.goldeneye

35.sheepshead

36.burbout

37.mudpuppie

38.crayfish

39.clams

40.brookie trout

I think I got all of them !

I've been in the boat when a live bat was caught on the line, a top of a human skull, a pair of glasses, a anchor, assorted fishing eqiupment,etc

happy fishing, Flagmanonice-------------
[signature]
lol, thanks you reminded me of a couple other things I had caught, so I went back up and eddited them in.
[signature]