Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek
Went to Deer Creek with Magnaman this morning and SPANKED the bass with a topwater popper, it was a firetiger color, (I thought it would go well with the cloud cover) I'm not so sure color was an issue or not but if it works why switch? Anyway we were just fishing the shore lines north of the island and on the west side, I think anywhere with good structure would have worked. I must say that I was a bit surprised that with the water being 61 - 62 degrees that topwater was so effective but I'm not complaining because "I love it on top"...
Magnaman was also catching on tube jigs and dropshot fishing two poles at once with the reflexes of a cat, he also managed to pull up a small walleye (big enough for eating).
The only bass we caught on crank baits were small (really small).

To my shame I forgot the camera but you've all seen bass before, the large mouth were really nicely colored if that helps your visual.

I hope the chub prince and fish4fun05 don't think I'm selling out by catching the lowley bass... I was really trying for chubs but the bass kept getting in the way! Stupid bass!

Apocalypse

looks like I moved up a fish icon (proudest day of my life)
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I'm headed there on Saturday.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Nice report, I am planning to head up to DC tomorrow. Hope I get as lucky as you.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Luck!?!?!?
That was pure skill baby[Wink]
[signature]
The bass is a lowly fish, however, I too love it on top. I know your blood will always run strong for the Mighty Chub. I forgive you.[cool]

The Mighty Chub Prince
[signature]