Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who remembers second
Well I do cause (we) it was a teem tournament and we just took it at East canyon in our club tournament, it was a lot of fun an not many fisherman for it being a saturday and free fish day it seems most stayed home.....

It was a real big one [Wink] we had five boats but a lot of fun, now lets see I don't remember who took first oh well who cares...[cool]

The big bass was 2.24LB and seconded big fish was 1.97LB witch we took as well lots of small fish caught and two limits was brought in ours and the first place teem witch weigh was 10.26 I think ours was 7.85 I think we caught about 20 fish over 12 inches long and about 50 fish (bass) in all....

Last year at this same time we would catch 8 to 10 bass over 3 LB but this year with all the talk about the bass at EAST Canyon and all the so called fisherman keeping the bigger bass you can see what is happening....

Trout is a put an take fishery but bass is NOT we need the bigger fish (bass) for spawning to keep the fishery in good shape THEY the DWR does not plant bass like they do trout so let the bigger bass go if you are starving and have to keep bass keep the ones in the 10 to 12 inch range and let the ones over that go so they can spawn ....

A lot of people want the laws changed so they can keep a big bass at other lakes well now all you can look at EAST Canyon and know why we have laws, with out them you would not have BIG FISH at the BERRY or the Nell and even Yuba for perch or other lakes that we do, Oh yes ALL bass caught by the tournament was ALL released after the weigh-in....

[signature]
Sounds like a fun little tourny. Do you guys have anything like that at Pineview?
[signature]
The big fish was 2.44lbs not 2.24 I should know we caught it lol. Not that it mattered. Good job bassrods given the conditions you did well.
[signature]
Well I had the 2 and the 4 right you filled in the rest after all we got second and had a lot of fun doing it.....[Wink]

[signature]
Theekillerbee
Some times but I don't think we do this year...

[signature]
I know this is a few days old (I have been on vacation) but I just had a clarifying question. You said all fish were released after the weigh in. Does that mean that you kept the fish in the livewell until a weigh in, and then released them? If so, isn't that illegal?
[signature]
Nice job there, 2nd out of five is better than 50%! Just joking... Sounds fun though.

I just wanted to say I agree with releasing bass. For one, they're more fun to catch than good to eat (although I say that with all fish) and two, just look at the stocking report, no bass (like you said Bassords).

But I also think the weather might've had an impact on the lack of bigger fish. Just a little under a month ago I was nailing some pretty nice bass in EC, many in the 3 lb range. That weather, I think, drove the bigger ones down. The weather might've effected the spawn too or the spawn was before the weather and the cold finished up the spawn quicker... (not sure, I am not even close to an expert on these topics nor claim to be) At any rate, those bigguns aren't hanging around as much or are just harder to catch now. Although, last night I did see a few big ones swimming around (didn't manage to get any), which I hadn't seen in my previous few trips. Plenty of littler guys though. I'm hoping the higher temps will get them more active and bring them higher again... We'll see though![Wink]
[signature]
so "real" fishermen don't keep big bass?
[signature]
Not at East Canyon its not we see people every time we go there that are keeping the biggest bass they catch...

It was such a good lake and could have been better then Jordanelle in a year or two but with out the reggs like the other lakes soon it will have mostly small bass and hard to catch many over 2 LB...

[signature]