Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GLASSMANS
i am headed to glassmans tonights to catch a few cats.. ( truck broke down... i cant fish the refuge.. i am so Sad!! ) . i have caught a few this year but its been slow... does anyone know if they have planted it with cats yet this year?? last year they planted alot around memorial day.... also is anyone gonna be up there tonight??
thanks .. JOe
[signature]
I know they planted it earlier this year with cats, but that place gets fished out fast because everyone keeps every fish they catch out of there.... At least that was my observation when I was working with the kids up there this year.

Check out Catman's post about recent stocking reports.
[signature]
Cats everwhere in there! I just finished the community fishing program with the kids over there and we caught cats every week. The best spot was over on the otherside where that boat sits next to the shore. There is a 5 pound largemouth that sits in the trees over there too, go get'em
[signature]
I haven't tried Glassman yet, but I caught a 2lb cat out of meadow creek pond just the other day. the cat's were everywhere. the stocking report says there were 750 cats stocked in Glassman last month so it should be good. I might run up that way and throw a line in tonight.
[signature]
I fished glassmans earlier in the week, the place was packed. There are always a few good sized . . .dead catfish by the inlet on the north side. Guess to some people if its not a trout its a trashfish so they leave them. I would much rather eat a catfish than a slimer any day.

I noticed the lake was covered with gunk. I have never seen it covered with that much vegatation before. It made it very difficult to cast.

We fished for 30 min or so caught 4 small bluegill and headed home. Better luck to you tonight
[signature]