Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing license
I have my fishing license, most of my friends are stubborn and wont pay for one, saying "nobody has ever bothered us before" which is true, until the day it happens.
what can happen if caught without a license, I heard they can take all your equipment? can I get in trouble for having them in my boat knowing they dont have there license?
[signature]
I don't think you will get fined. You payed for your license. Personally I would tell them either get a license or stay off my boat. I imagine they can fine them pretty heavily not sure about you though. Just tell them to stop being so cheap and buy one. They may be able to confiscate your equipment. I never had to worry about it as I buy a license and I fish from shore.
[signature]
I seem to get stopped once a year somewhere.[crazy] They can fine you, if you have fish, it's more per fish, and take your equipment here in Ct. License pays for our stockings and research on fisheries, so why not buy a $20.00 license and support what your useing for enjoyment. Soon enough you'll be paying for a saltwater license as well.[unsure]
[signature]
Here in Cali, if you are caught fishing without a license, they have the choice of taking your gear away or letting you keep it. The fine is still $750. If you have fish in possession, then you can also add that price per fish. If you are without a license or have a license and are over limit for a particular species, you then multiply by $10,000.

You can avoid all those extra fines with a simple education from the Fish And Games regulation book and simply purchasing a $33 license +3 bucks for the saltwater stamp.[cool]
[signature]