Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kitty callin with the boys from work
A few of the guys at work wanted to go and chase some kitties. So Casey set up a time and got everyone on the same page. Yeah right.

Arrived at Linclon Beach around 5:15 to find Casey and Lee had made it. No sign of the other 3 who swore they would be there. Lee brought his girlfriend so he decided to bank tangle it. While casey and I launched our tubes below the day use area.

Water is low and temps are high.Waded out about 100 yards before I could sit in the tube. Temps were 78 at launch, needles to say I went wet today.

On my second cast I picked up something heavy. The fight was one and I do mean on. I was tossing a small bait bug on my ultra light and it got slurped by a big ole carpski. fun fun fun. Finally got him to the tube netted him and said to myself fresh carp me for bait. So I break out the fillet knife and cut off 2 nice fillets. Never I say NEVER again will I do that while floating. It stinks to high heaven, slimed me, the tube, and brought in every seagull on UL!!! YUK!!

Passed off one side of the carp to Casey (who left his bait at home). Gee thats sounded like some one I know. Well the sun is comming up over the muntains now and the fishing is starting to pick up. Well sort of pick up. And it didn't last long once the sun hit the water.

I ended the morning with 3 kitties biggest being around 3-4 pounds. 1 carp and a few white bass. They ranged from 10 to 15 inches and were fiesty as all get out today. Not a bad morning fishing but I had hoped for more .......... one always does. Lots of carp frolicking in the shallows and lots and lots of water fowl today. The bite slowed around 9 and we were off the water by 11.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Don'tcha just love LB in the early morning? There's always something wunnerful about how everything wakes up down there...especially the fishies.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Glad you had a fun multispecies day. Too bad you couldn't have finished your "grand slime" with a wallie or two. Good to see the larger whities coming in. I suspect that the wee widdle ones will start swarming in soon. Good bait for big kitties and wallies.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
It was a fun time at the watering hole this morning. I debated on wether to go and around to chase some eyes. But there was a boater trolling over there on the same channel. He had nothing to show for his efforts. Or so he said LOL.

I was surpeised to find the whites in the open water like that. And playful! Had they been any more playful they would have just jumped into the fish basket. (I wish)
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I hope you fixed that basket...just in case those crazy fish DO jump in there. No more conservationist releases.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Nice post Marty
[signature]
First thing I did when Igot back from Yuba. Now it will take that Godzilla fish to break out. Why I didn't do that before is beyond me. An easy fix that only takes a minute, who sez ya can't teach old dogs new tricks.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]TubeBabe tells me that old dogs don't need new tricks.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
As well she should know better than either of us do.
[signature]
Thanks mactuna maybe you might like to tag along on the next trip? Always have room for more.
[signature]
That looks like a nice trip report. Is that an Okuma reel that I see in the pics with the Kittys?[cool]
[signature]
I was using an Okuma on my ultra lite that day. But in the pic what you are seeing is a Quantum. The only way I could tell was by which rod it was on. The okuma got it's first work with the whities that day.
[signature]