Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pelican Trip
[size 1]On the way to pelican we could see deer all the way up parleys, and at different places all the way past strawberry.

when we got there we could see fish from the docks, and when we started fishing the grandson wanted to have our own little mini tornament between the two of us. so we kept the total weight of the 5 biggest fish for each of us. i had 15lb 14oz, and my grandson had 16lb 2 oz the little worm [mad].

we'll send a few of some of the fish over to Tube Dude.so he can work his magic and make all the fish look bigger. thanks Tube. [/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1].[/size]
[signature]
Nice report, Grandson out fished you. You taught him to much.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You gotta hang out at the mall with G-son and pick up some of those radical shirts he wears. That's gotta be it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Looks like a nice day on the water.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
What makes it bad was he took time to rest for a while and eat he said he was tired, during his rest time I couldn't get any bigger fish to catch him on weight....

Next time I'll just cut his line when he's not looking....[Wink]

[signature]
[black][size 3]Good pictures and report Cliff.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]There is no doubt about it, you are "the bass man".[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]good show.[/size]
[signature]
Nice report Cliff. Good pics as well. How much did the biggest largie weigh?

Would love to hit the Nelle with ya somethime. [cool]
[signature]
Sounds fun Cliff. Nice pics of some decent bass.
[signature]
His biggest was 4lb 10oz and mine was 4lb 8oz I lost all around[Wink] we could see the fish swimming around us most of the time....

Let me know when you can go and we'll try to hook up and yank some lips.....

[signature]
Nice trip. I am thinking to try the lake. Would someone give me some driving information from Salt Lake? Like the route, how long it takes, can I plan it for one day trip? would a raft work on the lake? Thanks.
[signature]
Take I80 east to Silver creek and I40 to Roosevett and out side of town take 88 when you can see the lake you are there...

With a raft you can launch where you want it about 3 and 1/2 to 4+ hours I drive it in 3.5 hours and do day trips ....

[signature]
[Smile]great report nice fish. how were the bugs when you were there last time. I would like to get the family down there soon and catch a few fish. It would be my first time down there this year.
thanks trfishin
[signature]
No bugs to speak of on the water, don't know about on the land at night....

[signature]
[Smile]thanks for the info. bassrods. good luck fishing trfishin
[signature]
How's the water level going to head up that way next week for about four days starting with the Gorge Wyo. side and work my way back through Utah Pelican will be one of my many stops.
[signature]
In the deep parts it has 9' of water so its only down about 2 feet, so not too bad....

[signature]
Can you launch a 19 foot boat? What were you catching them on? I'd like to take my 11 year old grandson out there. Nice report, I've been trying to get out there all season. I've never been there. Thanks
[signature]
If its a bass boat yes but a deep v no and no skiing it has swimmer ich....
[signature]