Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trout lakes by vegas?
I heard that not to far north of las vegas are some good trout fishing lakes. I do not know the names of them. I was hoping someone here might no the name or location of a trout lake north of vegas within a hour or so drive. thanks for any info.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Lake Mead has trout ...for a while. That's until all the stripers devour them. The state fish and game plants them in the lake and the fishing is pretty good for the planter bows for a few days. I would never do this but it's said that these rainbow are sometimes used for bait by fisherman to hook big stripers because the big stripers have a taste for them.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I know there are trout on the river below Hoover in the Black Canyon Area and below. Again this is striper country and trout are a prime forage. I think this area also cover Arizona so a Arizona Stamp on your liscense is required.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Heck, Xman, Lake Mead is great for stripers, Largemouth, cats and many more of the warm water species. I've had killer trips there chasing a lot of species but I must admit, the boil fishing for stripers is the best! [/size][/font]
[signature]
well yes you can catch trout in vegas city limits, and other places in clark county but they are planters . . . no real wild trout around here too close . . . blm is right, they stock lake mohave all winter with 10-14 inchers, every 3 days in a different location, you can catch 10 of them i believe per day, its kinda nutty . . the retired folks are standing there lined up just waiting for the trucks to release those trout, and they start catching them pretty fast . . the next day is usually the best, then the stripers move in or the trout move out and the strtipers feast . . . I think they just did their last stocking of the year . . .

heres some southern nevada waters:

[url "http://ndow.org/fish/waters/fish.shtm#south"]http://ndow.org/fish/waters/fish.shtm#south[/url]

id like to try [font "Arial"][size 2]Schroeder Reservoir near beaver dam, close to the arizona border northeast of vegas. . .its single barbless hooks only and i hear its kinda tough to get to . . sounds like the trout have a fighting chance there![/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]great to see you guys in the nevada board![/size][/font]

[Wink]

[font "Arial"][size 2]sm[/size][/font]
[signature]