Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishun with the young guys - 8/10/07
A couple of nice young men took me fishun to a couple of pond in Id. in tubes. They were L-D-R and Warchild. Met up with them at 9:00 and probably got on the water about 10:30. Not much luck at the first spot. A lot of dink LM, one decent, and a fair sized slimmer. They did better but still slow. [unimpressed] I was stubborn and kept trying to fish with my reapers and they switched to other things and did better. Of course the knew the lake too. They were very patient and tolerant of this old geezer and the rowdy one (Sparkinator) and allowed me to dog em in the good spots. We packed up and went to another pond about 1 ish and had much better success on the Largies. Caught lots. The lure of the day for me was a Sinko hooked wacky. [shocked] I've never done that but L-D-R talked me into it. When someone else is catching fish after fish and you ain't, well,--------- daaaaa. Sparky swam all day or talked shore folks into throwing sticks for him. At the end of the day 6 ish?, they figured the Sparkinator had run down enough so they could throw a bumper in the pond a few times. Well, as usual Spark-a-Lot out did em and they gave up after a 1/2 hr or so. I guess both had sore arms.
Well, I just wanted to post this so's I could thank a couple of nice young men for putting up with us and teaching me to use Sinkos, yiiiiick. [laugh]
I have a pic. and may post it latter if they aren't too shy. They're are kind of shy guys and may not want it to get out how nice they are. May post it here anyway since I don't think they post here.[sly]
Leaky
[cool][#0000ff]Good report ol' buddy. Glad you got to try some new water and found some fish too. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Seems like there are lots of good bass ponds in Southern Idaho. I have fished a few myself.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Also good to hear that you were able to take the furry kid and that he had some enjoys too. Seems like it is impossible to wear him out. Don't you wish you still had that kind of energy?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Decided not to post a pic. Nout much interest.[unsure]
Leaky