Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found a winner!
Yesterday I tried out a frying idea I got from TubeDude's book Fetchin and Fixin the Fishes of Utah. I took and couple eggs, beat them up, and dipped perch fillets in them. Then I shook them up in a bag filled with store-bought bread crumbs, salt, & pepper and fried them up in canola oil.

Once the fillets were done on the first side, I turned them over and spread honey on the cooked side, lowered the heat, and finished frying the second side slowly. Pretty basic, I'm sure, but I've never tried honey on fish before. It was amazing! Especially with a little salt to give it that sweet/sour combo. Yum!
[signature]
I still have an original copy of that book. It is filled with many of our "OFR's" or Old Family Recipes. Lot's of good stuff.

Good ole Honey can make miracles on many types of fish. The next time you have the BBQ going, put some of your Perch or Walleye fillets in a fish basket.

Cook both sides until they are done but tender. Remove them from the basket, brush some honey on one side, sprinkle some fresh Tarragon and cook for 2 more minutes without turning over.

Serve with your favorite side dishes and enjoy a taste tantalizing experience that is fit for a king.[cool]
[signature]
Sounds like good stuff! I hit Jordanelle w/TD & TB this morning, but only caught 1 basket-sized perch--tons of dinks. They sure slowed down since last Saturday. TubeBabe, on the other hand, got a handful of good'ns. I guess I'll have to go fishing again to get more! [angelic]
[signature]
What is the first and foremost ingredient for a fish dinner???

Catch some whoppers.[cool] Not the Burger King type[shocked]
[signature]