Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doves
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040]Anybody else on BFT, besides myself, excited for the upcoming dove opener? For me it's usually the first hunt I go on...unless I get an archery deer tag (which I didn't this year).[/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
I'm getting pretty jazzed about it. I'm going on the 1st and 3rd. This will be my first year hunting Doves. I just hope they are still around for the opener. I've see tons of them lately.

FM
[signature]
I can not wait for the opener. It marks the start of the feathered critter shooting season. Heading out Friday morning to get settled in a nice spot, scout out some fields and prepare mentally for the feather tsunami.
[signature]
I'll usually go bang a few birds on the opener. Not much time this year though[Sad]
[signature]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040]Yeah...I bet with that house you don't have much time for anything else![/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Sleepless nights and much drama! I can't wait! I have been wanting to hunt near delta for years and now i am going to do it.
[signature]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040]Delta is a great spot to hunt them little buggers!! I think that is where I will be going with a few of my buddies.[/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
I am looking forward to getting out again this year. For those who are going be sure you check your birds for bands. There is a program to band doves in every state in the west. This is something. I know one biologist in the northern region that has put bands on more than 500 doves this summer. If you find one please report it. It is interesting to see how far these birds travel. gshorthair
[signature]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040]I'll be on the lookout for the bands! Thanks for the info.[/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040][/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040]GOOD LUCK to all who go out!![/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
More bands to add to my collection?? Awesome!
[signature]
I was pretty excited until I got word that they closed some of the Walk-In access areas this year. I hunted one last year that had thousands of chukars on it and quite a few doves too. I was really looking forward to hunting that property again this year, but now I'll have to look for a new spot. Here is a pic from last year.
[inline "Dove Smackin.bmp"]
[signature]
That sucks! I was really researching some of these areas. Which ones are they closing? Get a deer yet?
[signature]
Sent PM
[signature]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040]Man..that's a real bummer that they are closing down some of your spots! Well good luck if you go out.[/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]