Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dove hunt 2007
Well I headed up to Box Elder county to do a little dove hunting. We got a late start and spotted a couple of people in the spot we wanted to hunt. After hiking about a mile, I finally jumped one and dropped it. Dove no where to be found, I know I hit it but we just couldn't find it. After dropping about 30 Jacks and dropping another dove we called it a day on that property. I went to pick up my decoys and noticed that they were all shot to s**t, sons of B's!We arrived at the next property about 3:00 and began the hike. We immediately jumped a flock of about 10-12 doves, got trigger happy and only hit one. after locating them again we dropped another and soon another. We ended up with 5 doves and 30 jacks, not a bad day, but i expected better for the dove hunt. Sorry, no pics, my camera batteries died and I'm all out.
[signature]
Good on ya. glad you got ino them. Hopefully we will continue to have another good rabbit year into next. Sounds like you had fun anyway.
[signature]
Too bad the little birds weren't more plentiful for ya. Sounds like the jacks made up for it though.
[signature]
I tried my luck on the little gray birds. It started out pretty slow and then I figured out where they were going. It took me about an hour and a half to shoot a limit once I figured out they were feeding in the thistles. gshorthair
[signature]