Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pelican on the fly
We made a trip to Pelican in hopes of getting in some fishing before the wind storm came in....

We got there at 7:00 it was a cool 32 and water was 59 and no wind yet, The lake is very low and hard to launch with the low water...

We had to go out from the launch ramp with the trolling motor, only had 1.4 feet of water until we got about 50 to 75 yards out then we had 4' to 5' of water...

On my first cast I got the big bass of the day at 3.5lb after that it was doubles and triples all day long.... Well at least till we left at 1:00 we got over 100 bass and lots of blues, on our last casts all three of us got a bass to end the day....

Oh yes the wind ??? It was in SLC when we got back from one great day.....

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=29895;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=29896;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=29897;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=29898;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=29899;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=29900;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=29901;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=29902;]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Good report and pics. Poor ol' Pelican gets ignored a lot this time of year when lots of other fishing is available...and the hunting crowd trades fishing rods for guns.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Glad the wind monster left you alone.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Nice work Cliff. I haven't heard much about Pelican lately. Glad you could make it out.
[signature]
Thanks TD for posting the pictures, you are a true sportsman.....

[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Glad to help. Not sure about the "true sportsman" thing though.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I DO own stock in Sportsmans...and Cabelas. They just don't send me the stock certificates or any dividends. But...I do keep on "investing".[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Seems that every trip I've had out to Pelican this year has been good.... The water was like glass. No breeze. We had to use the trolling motor to get around because there was no drift....

[signature]
cant see the ruler.....just curious how long it was.[Smile]
It was 18 3/4 or 19" just took a quick look and picture and sent it on its way, so we could get back in the water for another fish it was a hot bite.....

[signature]
thats an awesome trip cliff. i'm still Sad about the club tourny getting cancelled there. but i'm sure i'll get to fish it someday. thanks for the sweet pictures
[signature]
Pelican is lower then I have seen it in years I hope they start putting water back in it or there could be a bad fish kill....

Will you be to the club meeting on wednesday????

[signature]