Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boating info on Farmington bay
I have a 12 ft sea nymph would I be able to take this out in FB with a normal motor, (not a mud motor) I am just trying to get away form the sky busters a bit. Any info on boating FB would be helpful.

Thanks
Majja
[signature]
I would not do it if it were my boat. Most of the large ponds are very shallow. If you had a good set of oars or maybe a small electric motor that you could raise up you might try it. If you use a regular outboard you would have to stay in the main channels. gshorthair
[signature]
I have a small 3 hp air cooled that would probably work well for something like that. And i do have a good set of oars so it sounds like it might be time to get the shoulders and back a workin.
[signature]
what he said,there is an entrance next to the bountiful dump that I know you could motor up and down that canal,but your limited to a small area,go as far south on the canal as possieable,there are signs on the canal that will tell you when you reach the duck clubs,stay out of there because they do patrol that everyday.the hunting is hit and miss,I have had some good hunts,but mostly divers back in there,cans and reds with a few teal will be the mix of ducks you will see.
if you need anymore info pm me
later,fnf[cool]
[signature]
I hunt this area all the time. I run a 25hp out board. threre are quite a few places you can hunt.
[signature]
hey,fishnpro
I hope you dont mind me telling him about this spot,its a small area and can get over crowded pretty fast,I just was thinking of a spot out there that he could run an outboard without damaging his gear.
[signature]
I have hunted over there a few times, but I usually run out the Tupin dike as long as I stay on plane I can run all the way to the reeds. the water is about 18 to 24" deep after you come out of the channel.
[signature]
serious,I haven't hunted the Turpin for years,are they keeping the water higher for the boat guys,when I hunted it last there was maybe a foot after I left the channel?and would get shallower as you got closer to the reeds on the south side.
I still wouldn't hunt that area anyway because of all the pressure it gets,the ducks don't decoy very well over there,and I don't like or want to race someone to a spot anymore.I have found out of the way spots that have worked out well for a few years now.
[signature]