Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radical Glow Tubes (RGT's)
For the last few years I've been using 1 1/2" RGT's (Radical Glow Tubes) for kokanee salmon. We troll them behind dodgers. Last year we even started using these tubes on 1/16 oz round head jigs for ice fishing trout. They have worked very well for kokanee, and are my top bait for ice fishing again this year. I also caught a bunch of smallies last year drop shotting these tubes. I love how they glow in their own color and the charge seems to last longer than other glow products.

Anyways, on the UT general board the conversation came up concerning RGT's. I am very surprised by the number of people who haven't even heard of them! I thought they had become a pretty standard bait. Is it just Utah that is behind on this? Who here has heard of them? Used them? I'm very curious about this, so please post up and let me know how they are doing in other states!

Here is their website for those who haven't heard of them... [url "http://www.radicalglow.com/"]www.radicalglow.com[/url]

Thanks, bkidder
[signature]
I certainly have not heard of these before. When did they come out? Where do you get them other than online? I may just have to plan a trip to WA to check out the new Cabela's store and see if they have any up there. LOL. Sounds like a winning tube to me! I like the idea of using them behind a dodger for salmon.
[signature]
Has anyone tried them on bass? 2.25 looks promiseing in white.
[signature]
The white would be good.

This is the first time I have seen this company. I have tested similar products for some other companies.

4 to 9 inch plastics with glow have really done good in the murky as well as clear conditions. They really add a kick to that late afternoon bite just when they turn back from topwater and go back to deeper standby.[cool]
[signature]
I think the company started 4 or 5 years ago. The company was purchased by a guy here in Utah just recently though. They have made a major name for themselves in the kokanee salmon industry... I guess thats why I got turned on to them sooner (kokanee are my passion). I know kokaneemart carries them. I think some other retailers in CA have them as well. I've always just gotten them online though. The customer service is great and I've recieved my orders very quick.

I have used them for smallmouth and done very well with them. I have only tried my kokanee sized ones though (1 1/2"). I just drop shot them and they have done great. I'm not a bass fisherman, so any lure that can get me to catch bass must be good! LOL I can't imagine what they'd be like in the hands of a real bass fisherman!

Murky water? I was ice fishing a couple of weeks ago in southern utah and the water was way murky. I'm used to being able to see down 15 feet while in my dark ice tent. Well, my jigs were disappearing into the mist within 2 feet! I caught a few in the early morning on regular tube jigs and ice flies. I then switched to RGT's and gave them a good charge before dropping them into the haze... bang! Those things really worked well. Finally the fish could see the lures! We got some really nice bows that day. So, like TubeN2 said... they work well in low visability conditions!

Thanks for replying guys. I hope you guys give them a try sometime. If you do, let me know how they work for you. And in the meantime... I'll wait here for other people to respond. There must be a fellow kokanee addict out there that has used these! LOL

Thanks, bkidder
[signature]
Ordered a pack of white 2.25 for my trips to champlain. Let ya know how they work on bass..
[signature]
Yeah, let me know how they work for ya! I caught a bunch of smallies last year, but I'm not much of a bass fisherman. How would you recommend rigging tubes like these? The only way I used them was by putting them on round jig heads and then drop shotting them. Any tips on how to more effectively use tubes for bass?
[signature]
Being the size they are I'll use them for drop shotting. Same as you suggested with a jighead. I may get the 5 1/2" at a later date.
[signature]