Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber
Me and my uncle fished the weber today from 12 to 5 and i caught nothing I need som help on finding where the fish are if anyone can help me find them it would be appreciated.
[signature]
Sorry to hear about the skunk. Where were you fishing? What were you using (include size) and what size leader and tipett were you using?

Schlitz-
[signature]
I was fishing at the exit after the devils slide pull out. I was using alot of pheasant tails sizing from 18-12, I used hares ears same sizes and zebra midges 16-20, I had 6x tippet and 6x leader.
[signature]
I had some pretty good success in that area using sows & scuds.
Try riggin you line with either a provo dropper or tandem rig with a small sinker and using smaller flies #18 to 22 I found some of those holes get pretty deep allot of those fish will hold in deeper water.
[signature]
Did your uncle catch much and did you see other fish? If not then before worrying about flies go try another location. When it comes to nymphing the fish in the Weber aren't usually very selective. You can certainly try scuds and sows but if you find a place with feeding fish you can also clean up with a #8 prince nymph as well. January thru April I find changing locations on the Weber if a spot isn't producing within an hour to be the best way to turn things around.
[signature]
#8 prince? The streamer of nymphs.
[signature]
I think That's RD's favorite flySmile He catches alot of fish on it.

Schlitz-
[signature]
I dont want your secret spot or anything i was just wondering where a good place might be to try? My uncle caught three white fish. Are the fish lower or are they high right now cause i was close to echo?
[signature]
Jason my favorite fly is actually a #10 bh prince nymph not the #8[Tongue]. My point is that when it comes to the Weber finding the right location is a hundred times more important in having a good day than the selection of subsurface flies. That doesn't hold true with the selection of dries. Xmlfish I'd probable try a bit downstream until they start letting more water out of Echo in another month or so. There are no secrets spots on the Weber. If it isn't private give it a try. Don't let slow fishing at one spot discourage you. By the way Jason start practicing with the #8 and 10 prince nymphs because I need to take you back to the spot we fished last spring in about 6 weeks for some more 50 fish afternoons. The little crap won't cut it there. I'll pm you when that get's going
[signature]
RD,

I am all over that. I went up there late last year a couple times and am a lot better with the nymphs. I also have some stuff I have tied up I want to try out. Let me know when you are free and I will be there.

Schlitz-
[signature]
RD,

I also forgot to mention I picked up a 3wt and 4wt for some of the smaller stuff I've been hitting. Can't wait to break them in.

Schlitz-
[signature]
those fishies are down deep i fished it today and they weren't reacting to the tiny midge dries but they took the nymphs. i landed about twelve browns. i was equal distance from echo and rockport. those fish were covered in a white fish blanket[mad] dam whitey's. try smaller midges and sows, there's baetis around but they are not thick.

[Wink]i cant wait for size ten sow/san juan season.
[signature]
Never seen or used a size ten sow so can't comment how it would work. But a size 10 or even 8 for that matter SJ worm works as well as a 12 or 14 on many waters around here. If you're using size 22 SJ worms let me know how you're doing, I might give them a try[sly].
[signature]