Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for deal on 07 Super Fat Cat
Hi again , i'm thinking about getting a second fat cat to have around to introduce a few fishing buddies to float tubing. ( Hate to put my "friends" in my old donut tube and then kick circles around them.[Wink]). This sport really is allot more fun when you have a few buds along. As part of my logic/justification, I'm thinking it might be nice to try a Super Fat Cat this time , just so I can compare/ have options.
I have found good deals on 07 Fat Cats for $225 shipped but have yet to find a Super Fat Cat below $320 shipped. For the $95 difference, I'll stay with a FC but if I could find a SFC for $275 delivered or so, I might bite. I figured i'd ask for leads here before I pulled the trigger.

p.s. I think I actually prefer the 07 vs 08 version. That new basket looks like it would be in the way.

Thanks in advance!
Dave
[signature]
Ok, cabin feaver has got hold of me. I couldn't wait (although it will be 8 weeks before I can use it!). Cabelas has the 07 SFC's in their bargain cave for $300+$17 S/h. ( Color is "willow" only which I suspect is light green.) I cashed in some Cabelas CC points and found a $20 off coupon code and got one out the door for $265. Thats close enough to the FC price of $225 for me to justify.
It's on it's way.
[signature]
congrats on the purchase.. hope you will post some pics of the new ride tricked out.. and of course of the adventures you have in it.. [Image: fish-on.gif]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
I am curious also. Every time I have gone to Cabelas Bargain Cave, the merchandise looks like returns, which leaves me to wonder why a TUBE is returned[crazy]
Hope I am way off on this one. I am still a firm believer, "You get what you pay for".
[signature]
...I went and checked the deal mentioned here.. and it says new.. sooooooo I dont know for sure.. but I would assume.. even in the bargain cave.. that it would still have full warranty etc...

..also.. the willow color. .is a lighter green..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
You know, warranty is a good thing, but to my brother out on the lake when his blew and he lost some gear including a new rod, It just didn't seem to have the same warranty comfort that it should.
I am more into the material and the way a boat is made, but, again, been there, done that.[cool]
[signature]
Thanks for the feedback.
I've been doing business with Cabelas for 30 years and have been rarely disappointed in a product. When I have, they have made it right immediately. Bargain cave purchases have been no exception and have, for me, always delivered first rate but discontinued products. Form what I see here, I believe it to be a simple case of clearing out last years /non LCS version. I expect this tube to be brand new in box and will accept nothing less at any price. IF it is, it will go back in a heartbeat and I'll buy a discounted 07 FC from another source.
As for rigging it, I will keep it simple as mine is now. My main goal here was to get another top quality tube to share with my non-tubing friends. Tubing is kind of an oddity/rarity here in SE MA /RI. If I'm going to get more of it in this seson, I need to get my regular fishing buddies as "hooked" as I am.
[signature]
...and now you know why I keep asking so many darn questions all the time.. [sly]

MacFly [Image: fish-on.gif]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Sounds like you did okay. Don't sweat any quality issues on the SFC. I have been fishing from them for over 5 years and know a bunch of other serious tubers that love them too. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There can be a lot of reasons why one ends up in the bargain cave. it is not ALWAYS a blown out air bladder. I know of several tubes that have been taken out to try and then returned...just taking unfair advantage of Cabelas liberal return policy.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I got my new 2007 model SFC in December, from a "clearing house" operation in Colorado that was selling them on eBay. Got mine for $259 delivered. Also Willow Green. [/#0000ff]
[signature]
Another satisfied SFC user here. The color of mine is "overcast."

z~
[signature]