Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard
well dediced to try out some new line i put on my baitcaster at willard yesterday. was nice and warm and i have to say this trilene sensation cast excellent. a extra bonus was catching about a 2lb smallie on shore while i was dinking around with casting. missed 5 other strikes in a span of a hour. a side note that something must have been going on at willard thursday the parking lot on the southeast corner was jam packed and the actual corner of the lake had about 30 people down there with a hand full of fly fisherman. anyone know if there was some type of function going on. didnt see anyone catch anything but some of the people that left had a fish but didnt see what it was either a wiper or smallie though. looks like the smallies are in the rocks for the next few weeks and should be good.
[signature]
Smallie action, all right, last year was way slow for the smallmouth, I hope this year is going to be better. The channel opens up at 6am tomorrow morning and usually has some good fishing if you get there early and don't mind people fishing close to you. When I came by the North marina today around 3pm there were a lot of people fishing from shore, I wish I could have gone in and talked to a few people because I've been hearing some good reports. Lets hope we have some good weather next weekend for the lunch by the bay, this might be the beginning of some good willard action. WH2
[signature]
wiperhunter2,do you know why they close the inlet? Is it because of the walleye spawn? Or wipers building up in there at that particular time? I've never fished the inlet right when it opens,so what do you think poeople will be catching there tommarow.-TIBBZZ-
[signature]
Yes it is because the walleye are spawning. The last time I fished the inlet on opening weekend and after, I was catching smallmouth and crappie, but you might get lucky and catch a walleye also. I haven't seen anyone catch a wiper there but you never know because I have seen wipers in the area doing a false spawn.WH2
[signature]