Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morells are popping up !
There have been a few reports of the tastey shrunes popping up here in Gladwin . I hope this weekends rain will help push the rest up for Sunday .
[signature]
I was going to ask about that, now all we need is a rain down here, been dry for about a week...
[signature]
I have raked up a few old puffballs in the pines this week , Those dust clouds will hopefully grow a nice batch later on this year .
I haven't seen too many Morells , were pretty dry up here too .
There is a no burning order in place because of last weeks winds that dried everything up .
On the way to Oscoda last week I saw that a secton of woods near Bassass's place had a brush fire ( by the Five Channel Dam ) . Grasses and ground cover burned but it looks like the trees will be O.K. .

The weekend weather outlook promoses rain and somewhat cooler temps perfect for the morrells to sprout .

Not harvesting a deer last fall I will have to come up with a recipe that involves walleye and morrells . Yummy !
[signature]
Black morrells are poping up now , not many and not very big .
2" to 3" is average size .
[signature]
I got 73 black ones sunday ....... come on over and we can go.....as long as you keep it hush hush LOL
[signature]
Sunday is open for me , today , friday and Saturday after work I'm taking the oldest kid driving , you know ,

Stop, Stop , STOP!!!!!!!!

I am dad , gheese , don't have a cow !

STOPPPPPPPP !!!!!!!!!!
[signature]