Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
scofield
Arrived there about 9:00am....got my tube in water around 9:20am.....started with fast sink line and hand tied wolly bugger.....Bam...just was kicking back and first fish of the day, a 14" rainbow.
Kept snagging up on bottom, so changed to intermediate line and in the next 3 hours landed two cuts and 5 rainbows.
All fish ranged from 14" to 18". I fished the south east corner of the reservoir. The bank was simply put ..."littered" with fishermen everywhere. Just in the corner of the lake I was in I counted 49 vehicles.
There was a tournament going on and it was the most people I had seen ever shore fishing at one time on scofield,
The water was a bit turbid in that part of the lake, but I stopped on my way out and the north part of the lake was much cleaner. I may just see if there are a few trout in that area as it was less crowded. Has anyone got more info on the north part of the lake as far as success?
Conditions were perfect . Sunny day/ slight breeze, and really not crowded on lake as far as boats/toons/tubes.
Several pontoons around me were taking fish, but with no consistency, but most all caught fish. No pics...sorry
cast...ttl
[signature]
good report Bob. how far from shore were you and is schofield one of the waters you need a motor on your toon? did you by chance check out the creek below the lake?

pa
[signature]
I didn't think to check the stream coming out of the dam. They have really got that torn up and it is one way traffic across the dam with intermittent light changes. Since they are still working on the dam, my guess is that it has a good flow coming out of the dam and down the stream.
I fished mostly 15 to 30 yards off shore. I went out deep but I did not get any strikes out there so I cam back and stayed fairly close to shore. I did see two fellow in pontoons that stayed out in the deeper water. The one fellow did take three fish out there and it looked like he was using a faster sinking line(maybe a type 3 or 4 sink).
[signature]