Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zebra mussels at the Gorge
Tribune story posted today and a video

http://www.sltrib.com/outdoors/ci_9564349
[signature]
Here is the link to the pic in the article. This will at least show us what they look like so we don't "accidentally" transfer these mussels to our waters here in Utah.

http://www.sltrib.com/portlet/article/ht...Id=1981516

I would really like to go to Lake Havasu this year in Arizona.
I honestly have thought about the mussles. But of course I don't go out fishing very often. But its better safe than sorry.
[signature]
Oh no! [mad] I can't help but think that some eggs or spores from thoze mussles survived and got into the Gorge. I sure hope that it is like the biologiest are saying, that all the mussles are absolutely dead.

With the threat of Zebra and Quagga mussels I am extremely surpirsed that they are not checking all the boats serously. There was all this talk of the UHP pulling people over and giving a visual insection of suspicious and especially out of state boats. I have not seen a single one pulled over. I have already made 2 trips to the Gorge with my boat, and I have not even been so much as asked or glanced over for mussels from the Conservation Officers or UHP. I sure hope they step up their patrols.
[signature]
There's a couple of UDWR technicians working up at the Gorge. I've seen them on the launches a few times, it just depends what marina they're working that day. This boat was IDed by the Lucerne boat mechanic, which is great. That means more and more people are becoming educated about mussels and alerted to their presence. For the most part, I think fishermen have been beaten with the information and they know what they stand to lose with an infestation. It's just getting the word out to everyone else now so we can stop them ahead of time. "Dodged a bullet" is right!
[signature]