Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goin Out
Well, I'm thinking of going out on the tube at Deer Creek either Thursday or Friday. I'm excited since the weather has been warming up more and more and finally feels like summer! Does anyone have any tips of what to throw or where to go? I've read the recend posts about it not being too productive and finding the fish since the usual spots are gone with the low water. I just got back from a trip to San Antonio and it was surreal to go to Bass Pro Shops. That place blows my mind. I really liked the trout streams with big bows in there. I'm thinking though of trying to target some bass or some of those ellusive walleye. I've noticed Wallsburg or the Island are good spots to try and kick around. Has anyone tried near the mouth of the river? I imagine there's a current there that would be difficult to deal with. Let me know if anyone is heading up there and you could PM me so we can try to find a big ol school just waiting to get some exercise [Smile]
[signature]
The walleyes have been elusive, but the bass fishing has been quite fast for me at DC the last couple of weeks. The only down side was that most were small. Throw a senko into the rocks on the East side of Wallsburg bay and you will get bit. Think browns, smokes and especially greens with an orange tail for colors. Other bassin techniques should also get some hits as well.
Good luck.
[signature]