Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to idaho, where's the fish at?
Howdy all! Im new to idaho, from minnesota. Looking for some places to fish. Ive never flyfished, and dont have a boat. So im lookin for some places to fish from shore, close to idaho falls. any ideas? Thank u!
[signature]
First place I would try is right in town on the river. I have seen some nice fish come out of there.
[signature]
try right below the maverick south of idaho fall turn west at the maverick and go tell you see a big dam then fish below it there is a big cement pad you can stand on or fish under very good fishing there nice brown's just use night crawler and a marshmellow
[signature]
Welcome to the board.

We will need some more info to really help you. Do you like lures or bait? Are you fishing with kids? How far are you willing to drive? Are you looking for scenery? Do you want to fish for bass, trout, perch etc...

There are a huge number of lakes, ponds, rivers, and streams in this area so help us help you by narrowing it down.[cool]

Windriver
[signature]
Thanks for the info. Im pretty open as far as baits, lures, location, etc. Whatever theyr biting on hopefully. Sumtimes i will be with the girlfriend and kids, so id like to know good spots for short attention spans. Other times i will be by myself, so i can drive a little farther in search of big fish! I finally caught my 1st idaho fish 2wks ago! A small cutthroat near Heise! Not much, but it was fun on the 2lb test!
[signature]
Big cheez, Hey there are a few places that I could point out that are really fun and good for kids. One is the Roberts pond. It is stocked and there there have been some ok size fish come out of it. Ririe Res. is also fun if you just want to get out with kids and cast a line. There are some small small mouth, trout, salmon, and perch so a good variety of fish.
If you are going to go by yourself I would recommend going to the teton river. You can take hyway 20 past rexburg and go to the Teton exit and then you will cross the Teton River. Great fishing. I had a blast Yesterday fishing hoppers. I was fly fishing but I am sure you would do just as good with live bait. If you are intrested pm me and Ill give better directions
[signature]