Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat Registration??
Hey guy's. I am from Texas and my Dad lived in Wetumpka. We fished many times together at Lake Jordan and Jackson. Unfortunately, I won't get that opportunity to fish those great lakes again because the Lord called him up in May of this year. With me being the avid fisherman that I am, my dad left me his boat because he knew I would get as many great memories out of it he did. Here's the question that I can only seem to get from the people that really know. The fisherman!! Do you guy's in Alabama have titles to your boats? In TX everything has a title for proof of ownership, but I have found no info that shows AL issues title of ownership for boats. Please help me because my dad's boat is just sitting in my driveway begging for me to show it some new TX waters. Thanks in advance. You don't know how much I will appreciate any feedback.
[signature]
Here's some info that may help...

http://www.outdooralabama.com/boating/registration/

The first line on that page states "Alabama registers all mechanically propelled vessels, sailboats, and boat for hire."

Here's an email address where you can contact them and explain your situation...maybe they can help you.

dcnr.boatreg@dcnr.alabama.gov

Good luck!
[signature]