Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats your Fav. Rod/Reel?
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000080]Every body has there Favorite Rod & Reel, What make: Model: How Long is your favorite Poll? And how about your Fav. Reel?[/#000080][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000080]a) Spinning?[/#000080][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000080]b) Bait-Cast?[/#000080][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000080]and what is the action of your favorite Rod? Hvy, M/hvy, light, U/ Light?? [fishin][/#000080][/font]
[signature]
Quantum pt series, Daiwa Tierra for both spinning and baitcasting.

Favorite baitcast rod is a 6'-9" Gloomis MH, medium action.

Favorite spinning rod is a medium weight, I don't know what brand it is...but I know what it looks like [crazy]. Heavy backbone with a slow action. Makes any fish feel like a monster. I paid $30 for it and it is the best spinning rod I've ever had.
[signature]
My favorite rod and reel is in the GDRB. It seems to be very good to me. LOL[:p]
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"]Its just my opinion but Shimano Reels are the best around. You can spend a lot or a little and they make everything in between. I like there Poles for people just starting out as well. I have a lot of different poles I go for a good feel on poles and 2 pieces. But all my poles HV, MED, and Utralight have Shimano reels![/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][/font]
[font "Georgia"]The gods do not deduct from man's allotted life the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb[/font]
I will live forever!!!!
[signature]
[quote Bait_Caster][font "Comic Sans MS"][#000080]Every body has there Favorite Rod & Reel, What make: Model: How Long is your favorite Poll? And how about your Fav. Reel?[/#000080][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000080]a) Spinning?[/#000080][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000080]b) Bait-Cast?[/#000080][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000080]and what is the action of your favorite Rod? Hvy, M/hvy, light, U/ Light?? [fishin][/#000080][/font][/quote]

Ugly Stick, 7ft Med/light action. Mitchell reels.

I've owned some nicer poles in the past but broke way to damn many to care anymore. I've yet to break an ugly stick of any kind.

-DallanC
[signature]
Daiwa reels all the way...St.Croix Legend rods or Kistler's. Although for the money the Shimano crucials are tough to beat!

These days a good warranty is worth everything. St. Croix is super easy to deal with. Used to buy the $50 BPS rods, but if you break them your screwed. Worth spending a little more and being able to fish worry free Smile.

The 20 K-mart poles are probably good if you are just a bait-chucker..
[signature]
I agree with Dallan. I swear by the ugly sticks and have yet had one break. Both the light and med. light actions!
[signature]
My favorite rod and reel combo is the same one that you have that you tried to turn me onto.

Zebco 202 reel on a purple Dinosaur 4' two piece fishing rod combo. [Wink][:p]

Merry Christmas Terry!
[signature]
Favorite Rod: either 7.5' med-heavy action, Bass Pro Shops, "tourney pro" spinning rod OR 9' medium Berkley Lazer grahite.

Favorite Reel: The old Zebco (Abu) Cardinal 4 spinning reel. That is the best reel I have owned, regardless of price or money. The damn things are "collectors" now and Ebay has them going for more than they were when they were brand new!
[signature]
I do a wide variety of types of fishing so of course I have a whole mess of different rods and reels. I "like" them all or I wouldn't own them anymore, but the one I "love" most is the Shimano Stradic on a Fenwick HMG 6 1/2' rod. I'm always happy when I have that one in my hands. The Stradic is the smoothest reel I've ever met. [Wink] Kind of pricey though at about $120 and about the same for the rod. As much as I like Shimano reels, I would definitely avoid the el cheapo ones, some of them are junk.
[signature]
my favorite reel that i've owned is the pflueger trion gx7 and right now i have it on a fenwick eagle gt so far it's been great
[signature]
g-loomis SBR 752 with a 400 calcutta..

g-loomis GL3 CR-722 with a 200 calcutta..

2 of best jigging sticks i got!
[signature]
My ugly sticks - dependable-always with me!
[signature]
hey that was my favorite rod first.[:p] . my favorite hard to say as well. but i think its my 8 foot med action garcia with a 1969 mitchle 300. i got when i was 8 yrs old. but my go to every time for most fishing is either a my old m/l 6 1/2 foot fenwick lunker stick for eyes and river browns. my customs by utahwalleye do everything from casting for musky to jigging lakers. handle the biggest fish. calcutta reals!!!
[signature]
Penn and shimano for use in the ocean as for freshwater just about any decent brand will do for me.
[signature]
Definitely an interesting thread...

It would be interesting to see if this was posted on a musky or bass fishing forum what the answers would be.
I think there are two major factors there in determining what people like...fishing technique and the best you have used. I can say 1 yr ago mine would have been very different than what it is today.

Most river fishing, trout fishing and salmon fishing (fish under 15lbs) I like a quantum Tour spinning reel on a 9'6" Loomis UL "noodle rod"

Throwing baits into heavier cover for pike, musky, and big bass - a MH 7' st croix Legend Elite with curado E7

Senkos, dropshot, cranks - anytime I can get away with a ML rod I prefer it in 7' length - will go to medium when have to in open water due to bait size but minimum weight rod is definitely preferred with stronger lines.

Before I got really into bass/pike fishing I thought 2 rods should usually do the job...but now I realize that to fish with maximum effectiveness really 6 rods are the minimum.

To be very honest I grew up on ugly sticks and thought they were pretty cool but after fishing with higher end, very high modulus rods - IM9+ it is amazing the difference. For example I was fishing with two people this fall - and we all have similar fishing abilities (mine may actually be the weakest for the species we were fishing for) and myself and other person had higher end rods, reels and line whereas the 3rd person had an ugly stick with basic mono - we outfished him (fish in the boat) more than double (per person) eventhough he was getting the most hits (all fishing same place, same swimbaits and he had the most trout ability by far). He switched poles to a 85M modulus and quickly made the comment....do you think I was getting this many hits before....holy crap...BIG DIFFERENCE!
I have now beared my testimony about high end rods..thank you.
ya but I dont think Mike is gonna say he's converted to the dark side yet! hahaha.

How someone can say an ugly stick is the same after fishing with a high quality rod for day is beyond me.

Yes if you're just a baitdunker it doesnt make a difference, but any type of action fishing there is NO comparison!

Plus I can be rough on my rods, break them and get new ones Smile
[signature]
For the money, the best deal with a great warranty is the Shimano Compre for the rod. There are many great reels out there. I love Shimano reels but my favorite reel right now is my team Dawia reel.
[signature]
[Smile][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000bf] I have to admit my favorite rod & reel combo is a set up I purchased back in the 80's, That is a Berkley lighting rod & a Diawa spinning reel that I don't remember the model,but for many year's this was my only rod & reel. [fishin] I am now braoding my fishing style's and techneces.[sly] I now have a # of differant rod's & reel's and look forward to useing them all.[/#0000bf][/font]
[signature]