Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wednesday@willard
Went fishing at willard with Smallmouthchaser from 5:30-9:00. Started out by the light pole and trolled to the southwest corner and half way down the south dike before we caught a wiper. Caught the wiper using a side planner. I am not sure exaclly where we picked him he could of been on for a while.
It was a little slow for us so we went over by the south marina and trolled past the feed lot and picked up two more wipers. It was getting a little late so we trolled over to the north marina cathing one more wiper and two walleyes plus a wiper hit the lure that was on the side planner and started running with it and the line broke. Five of the fish were caught on black&silver shad rap the other was caught on a black&silver rattlin rapala. The water temperature was 66-68.
[signature]
[Smile]That is great report.

Thanks for the post,like when people include the water temp.sounds like the fishing is picking up.did you pick up the walleye just east of the feed lot?

Thanks for any info.

Tight Lines

Tony[cool]
[signature]
"Thats what I'm talking about" and it's about time. It seems that Wiper Time has come on a little late this year but now that it is here, I'm glad it happened before our little contest this weekend. Wiperslayer and I are going out tomorrow morning, so with temps like that it should be good fishing in the morning, I hope. Good report, see you Saturday morning MGB. WH2
[signature]
Sounds like Saturday is going to be a great day. MGB has the hot hand right now, good thing I am on his boat! I will be there for sure, all day! Nobody forget the sunscreen!
[signature]
We had a good time. It really got good and we started marking a lot more fish as it got closer to sunset. I've never trolled for wipers before, so it was nice of MGB to take me out with him. We picked up the walleyes and wiper on the East shore, just south of the North marina. Something that was different about that, was that we got a double, but one was a wiper and one was a walleye. I've never seen that before. I would have liked to see the fish that broke off. It was stripping line like crazy.

It's been years since I've fished Willard and this was one of the better days that I've had there. The planer board was an interesting little thing. But, we got most of the fish on that. The wipers seemed active, and they fight really hard. Even the little ones. The walleye were both about 18 inches and 2 pounds. The wipers ranged from 15-18, but they looked very healthy. It was a fun night. Should be fun for the guys on Saturday.
[signature]
Hey chef be careful MGB's boat may catch fire and burn up on re-entry.

DZ
[signature]
Hey Danzilla are you still a little sore about that
April fools joke?
[signature]
ohhhh your days a coming LOL
[signature]