Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 5/26/03
Went out to Willard today and ended up with 8 Wipers and 3 Walleyes. We were trolling cranks about 3 mph. Wind was a major pain and so was all the Water skiers.
[signature]
How big where the wipers? What area did you catch them in?
[signature]
Great day of fishing Skeet!!! Were you trolling straight out the back of the boat or using planer boards? Or even casting???
[signature]
Wiperslayer and I were out there this afternoon but could not find the wipers but we did manage a walleye and a couple of cats. I think BLM and fishinfool did better. WH2
[signature]
Me and my son hit the water at high noon and headed for the west dike,half way there I saw TOM P. trolling out in deep water half way up the west dike,got the lures out and trolled the same path he was trolling for about 30 min with no hits, we decided to try the SE corner where we caught the walleye a few weeks ago,we caught one walleye in an hour and a half of trolling the area,took off and headed to the north dike,when we got there we marked fish off the ledge in 18ft of water.and droped the deep diver in and started to troll the ledge,caught a 19 1/2 inch walleye within 5 minutes,trolled the area for another hour with no hits.I could see a sea worthy boat in the distance and knew it was BLM in his new boat,said hello and he clewed me in on Skeeters report on the east side,I trolled on his path he plotted it from the other day,we didnt catch anything and headed towards the NE corner again.ran into blm and wiperslayer & wiperhunter2 just getting ready to fish,talked for a minute and traded some info.we got there and trolled with the electric because it was so shallow,we caught another walleye and one small wiper between the outlet and the swim beach.kept the walleye and the wiper went back in the grow some.

all in all a nice day and good company,that sure is a nice boat BLM has it is a true fishing machine.

Water temp= 66 in the morning 71 when we left.

was trolling at 2.0 to 2.9 on the fish finder.

TIGHT LINES

Tony[cool]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]We ended up with two pip squeak wipers that are still in Willard. The fish we got into last Friday have moved to greener pastures and fled the area. [/size][/font]
[signature]
MGB we caught one that was pushing 4 lbs the rest were pretty small. Teroy we were just going straight off the back. We caught all our fish in front of the North marina. We trolled back and forth from the entrance of the North marina to the outlet. We caught most of our fish in about 14 foot of water. Lures of choice were black and silver wally diver and a storm thunder stick.
[signature]