Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
castable fishfinder
Has anyone used one of those castable fishfinder dransducers with the rod mount screen? Cabela's sells them.
[signature]
A guy over uses one... he likes it. He also mounted it (tied it to) an RC boat. Now he can manover it around with the little boat. Fun to watch him.
[signature]
I have used the Humminbird Smartcast RF25 and it worked great until my son broke it.

I found it at this site: www.fishfindergarage.com
[signature]
I've got one in my tackle box, I used it about 3 times and it works really well. However, if you scroll down the recent threads I just bought a brand new Humminbird 343 for my boat. If your really interested, make an offer and I might just give you a good deal on it. -Jon
[signature]
Actually - See one in action...

[url "http://www.web-fisherman.com/index.php?page=videos&section=view&vid_id=100304"]Click Here[/url]

Their great if your fishing ponds or unfamiliar waters where your looking for the drop.
[signature]
They're surprisingly useful, but no replacement for full electronics. We're actually using one this weekend to find the depth of herring schools (and the spots that eat them) this weekend. I'll try to snap some photos & a report.