Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Texas
I've stopped by and done some lurking a couple times a month and thought I would at least say Hello. I'm missing out on the ice fishing this year but it has been nice to read some of the reports and hear about places in Idaho I frequently fished. Today was 80 degrees in San Antonio. Fishing in my shorts in December and January is certainly something different for me.

I've been catching plenty of these.
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=44188]

In South Texas the Largemouth Bass Spawn can start in January and I have a some of the best bass lakes in the nation (Amistad and Falcon)[Smile] close enough to fish on a day trip.

I finally have verification of my state record catch from last winter. It still hasn't shown up on the list of State records on the Idaho F&G website. If someone really wants to get the state record chub I don't think my record will last long. Here is a picture of the certificate and picture of the fish I decided not to mount.[Wink]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=44189]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=33831]
[signature]
Hi Brian,

It's great to here from you. Glad to see the rod is not gathering any dust. I caught 2 bass last weekend and Dog Creek though a hole in the ice, so there[Wink] except mine were just a little smaller[angelic]

Keep stoping by.
[signature]
Good to hear from you! That's cool about the good bass fishing. They are one of my favorite fish. Have you got down to the gulf coast to fish there at all?
[signature]
Good to hear from you Brian. Looks like you are having fun. I love Bass fishing and have been slowly collecting stuff, but its not the same in Idaho.

Steelfisher caught a chub bigger this year ice fishing at Henry's. I tried to get him to take the record, but he decided to let you keep it a while.[cool] If you don't move back soon I might have to go get the Utah Chub title myself so that it belongs to an Idaho resident.[sly]

Windriver
[signature]
you don't look like your missing the cold that much from that pic. hope your enjoying it down there
[signature]
Brian,

Good to hear from you dude. Congrats on the record. At least you held the record for a while and nobody can take that certificate away - ever.

In the last three weeks I have been to Florida after red fish and up north after steelhead in addition to some local ice fishing.

I have a 20" small mouth on the wall and a few other species but have decided that the best and most fun fishing that I have done and will ever do is snagging carp. I can add to the buzz by going after the Idaho state record. I have some places to do it and some ideas for better gear so I can't wait for the season.

I am a little jealous of your fishing opportunities down there especially considering the temperatures in the winter months.

Take care,

FR
[signature]
Great to hear from you Brian. That is an impressive fish, and the chub is nice too[Wink] I think the only unique ice experience you missed this winter was going after a big banana at Rigby Lake. Keep catching the bass!

OvidCreek
[signature]
Good to hear from you Brian. We miss your posts. Ice fishing has been a blast, but I'm sure you are having a good time with the bass.

Brady
[signature]
I haven't fished the gulf coast yet. I'm sure I'll make it to the coast sometime soon. I have caught red fish out of freshwater lakes and pound for pound they pull as hard as a smallmouth but are bigger.

Maybe my chub recored will last a few years. There has to be someone who wants the record and can find a place with a certified scale who will weigh the chub.
[signature]