Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chesterfield
anybody been to chesterfield today? was it any good? what were the fish hitting? have not been up there for 5 or 6 six years, thinking about a trip up next week
[signature]
Scroll down till you find a thread about chesterfield tourney results. Sounds like they did pretty good. I went there three weeks ago and it was pretty slow. Welcome to the board and good luck.
[signature]
dsmitty,

Fishing was pretty good yesterday (1/31/09). I went out with my future father in law and one of his buddies and we had a good time. Got there around 8 and fished until 2.

Action wasn't fast by any means but we had consistent bites to keep us interested. The bites were very light and if you weren't there within a second or two the fish was gone. Jigging also seemed to help, most of the larger fish we caught were jigging with small pink jigs and sweedish pimples dropped with pink jigs tipped with meal worms. Between the three of us we caught about 25 fish between 13-20 inches, most of them fought well and were fat and healthy.

We were fishing much closer in than the majority of people. Anywhere from 5-10 feet of depth seemed to be the ticket fishing just off the bottom. Forgot the camera, so no photos.

Hope this helps.

Cole
[signature]