Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wm. Joseph or SIMMS
I know its early to think about fly fishing vests but I think the off season you find really great deals Ive been using a Wm. Joseph chest pack but looking to switch to a vest came across these 2 vests and fairly good deal wanted to get your opinions

#1. SIMMS G3 Guide Vest 99.99

or

#2 William Joseph Fusion Vest 89.99
[signature]
Can't help you out there. I know many who love the Simms, but i'm not a vest guy myself. I much prefer packs. Less pockets, not as hot in the summer, more storage, and easier to wear over lots of layers in the winter. I like the fishpond waterdance. It is actually in the same price range.

[url "http://www.fishpondusa.com/waterdance.cfm"]http://www.fishpondusa.com/waterdance.cfm[/url]
[signature]
does that william and joseph have a hydration bladder on it??
[signature]
Are those Hydration or Inflation? Either one is a cool feature.

Either choice is good, why not save that $10. What about Fishpond, they make cool stuff also.

The thing I don't care for and this is just me, I prefer vest out of mesh, instead of the cloth. For one, they are less bulk, and they are nice in the summer, PLUS you can (and most do) wear them over a coat in the winter.
Just me.[cool]
[signature]
Those Fishponds are nice thats similar to what im using now only difference is it has a detachable backpack.
Looking to lighten the load plus mines pretty beat up

I like W.J since there locally here in utah and it help out economy but geting a 50% discount in Simms stuff
[signature]
What to do...hummmmm BUT is the Simms built 50% better than WJ? In other words, maybe that 50% off is putting the price back where it should be. Plus is WJ USA made? For the record, bought my hubby the brand new vibram sole Simms boots for Christmas and right inside the Tongue....MADE IN CHINA. $189.!!!!!!!!
[signature]
I have always loved WJ. They make a sweet product and have a really good warranty. Simms is awesome too. I have used William Joseph packs for a long time now and am very happy with them.
[signature]
I just got my first William and Joseph and i couldn't be more happy. I like the magnet technology over the zippers. I get a lot less hung up when I am going in and out of the pockets quickly, and if I do get hung up there is no damage to my leader which is nice.
[signature]