Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard eyes again friday.
Well, the wpier fishing absolutley blows this year. But thats ok cause the eyes are making up the difference. Started off slow, one wiper hit first thing, then I got a walleye.

I then bumped into skeeter who was out there in his new targa. They had just got there and had one fish already.

Trolled on without getting bit for a minuet, then I stumbled onto the fish. Got two more eyes real quick, 16 - 18 inches.

Then tragedgy struck. I got a 20 inch eye who was missing one eye. He already lost the eye ball long ago, but he was clearly not in the best health. His fins were all beat up and split. He didnt want to swim away so I thought i was going to have to put him in the livewell and give him to skeeter to take home. But after about ten minuets of revival he swam away quick and straight to the bottom. Lucked out on that one. Almost had to keep a fish.

Then I really lucked out. Hooked up on another eye that I thought for sure was a wiper. He was 27 1/2 inches long! My biggest willard eye to date. Thats a seven pound fish boys. Anyways, as I released him, I looked up and there was skeeter. So I flagged him over, showed him where I was getting bit and we fished on.

About ten minuets later I got one more eye. Another 17 incher. Put him back in the lake and good old skeeter hollers at me, "hey! I have a live well for those fish you know!" Ooops, too late. Hee hee.

Then the fishing shut right down. I got two more fish on, but they bolth got off.

Loaded the boat back up and headed for home. Not a bad day for only being out there for 2 1/2 hours.

There were hordes of fishermen out there tonight. All reports for wipers are spotty, with guys getting into a few one day then not again for a while. Maybee one of these days wiper fishing will be worth doing again.

As always, all my fish were released so you guys should have some to catch tommorow at the fish n feed.

I will be back out there tommorow evening for sure.
[signature]
good report pred,

i have yet to catch a walleye in willard still. i think ill have to paddle on out a ways from the dikes and try to hook me a walleye out of there. any smallie action in the rocks ?
[signature]
Wow, 27&1/2 inches, what a hog. I'm guessing it was a spawned out female? If it was, I'm thinking that before it spawned it must have weighted close to 8 lbs. Great report, lets hope the wiper fishing picks up after the shad hatch (or what ever you call it). This is starting off by last year but it is sure nice to catch some walleye. WH2
[signature]
Wow is right,nice fish pred.you get any pics of that fish.

tight lines

Tony[cool]
[signature]
Hey pred, What are you using to catch all the eyes? I was one of the huge croud out there last night and we caught 6 wipers, and 1 catfish dragging white grubs just outside the south marina. I have never caught a walleye, can you tell me where you were catching them? I thought the wiper fishing was great. We were only there from 8-10 pm And the action was pretty good. But I really want to catch my first walleye.

DUMP YOUR DISH,
CABLEGUY
[signature]