Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mountain Dell Res.
Has anyone been up to Mountain Dell? What do they have in there?
[signature]
mountain dell has BIG I MEAN REALLY BIG rainbows, browns,and brookies it cost me 75.00 to find that out as it is closed to fishing are you maybe thinking of little dell right above mountain dell ? its stocked with rainbows but at this time it to is closed to fishing for security reasons

aquaman
[signature]
Apparently I won't be fishing either one of those place. Thanks for the heads up. saved me some money.Sorry you had to find out the hard way.
[signature]
live and learn

aquaman
[signature]
Why don't they open those to fishing? I don't get what the big deal is. Mountain Dell has never been open to my knowledge. I used to go up to Little Dell and catch fish from shore on spinners. Oh well. East Canyon is just a bit more up the road if you want to fish in that area.
[signature]
the shreff officer who gave me the ticket tryed telling me they treated mountian dell with mecury ! i almost laughed in his face dont know who would be stupid enough to treat a water shed with mecury if you can fish little dell which drains down to mountain dell i dont see the harm in allowing fishing in the latter

aquaman
[signature]
mountain dell is a major water provider for salt lake. the reasons i have always been told was to reduce pollution etc and it produces very clean water out of there. i cant blame them the shores of the lake etc have no garbage. can you imagine what it would look like after it opened to fishing? just like every other lake.
[signature]
dose anyone know anything about the strems on those two res. I hear they have some nice fish in them as well but don't know if there open or closed or both or what. Anyway any info would help I'd really like to fly fish those
[signature]
hi maddawg when i read that little dell was closed it mabe no mention of the stream into it maybe a call to the dwr to make sure wouldnt hurt i know for sure the stream below little dell damm to mountion dell is closed to fishing

aquaman
[signature]
75 dollars is not bad . I know a guy that got 275.00 fine for crossing the line at the Green up by the dam . Should of never told me there are big fish in there . Shame on you . LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! must get in night fishing mode !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
Thanks for the info aqua
[signature]
The stream feeding into little Dell res. is full of smaller sized bonneville cutts. They are really fun to catch, I havent caught any thing of size though. I have seen some big cutts caught out of little dell though.
[signature]
your welcome dawg live pretty close to that area with my past problums in the area i try to keep up with what going on around there

aquaman
[signature]