Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sammy Sosa??
Cheater??? Seems odd he would use a corked "batting practice" bat when he was in a 3 for 20 something slump?? What do you think?
[signature]

I ONLY SAW A BRIEF CLIP ON THE NEWS ABOUT THIS , DIDN'T GET THE FULL STORY YET .

SOME PEOPLE ARE BLESSED WITH SPECIAL ABILITYS , WE CALL THEM HEROES , SUPER ATHLEETS , ECT . WE AND THE MEDIA BUILT ARTIFICAL STANDERDS FOR THEM TO LIVE UP TOO .

ONE SCREW UP , HONEST MISTAKE OR NOT , THE MEDIA COMES OUT WITH ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING TO BURN THERE BUNS - TOO SELL THE PAPERS .

BEFORE WE JUMP ON THE MEDIA BANDWAGON , LET'S REMEMBER THERE JUST PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND I . I DON'T THINK THERE WERE LARGE BETS PUT ON BATTING PRACTISE .

THE CORKED BAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN USED AS A TOOL TO PSHYKE OUT THE OTHER TEAM , OR PSHYKE UP THE BATTER HIMSELF . WITH OR WITHOUT HIS KNOWLEDGE . THIS WAS A PRACTICE BAT , NOT USED IN THE GAME AT ALL .

HAVING EVERTHING YOU DO SCREWTINISED ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS ISN'T SOMETHING I WOULD WANT TO GO THRU LIFE WITH . IMIGINE WHAT THESE ORDANARY PEOPLE HAVE TO DEAL WITH WHEN THEY BECOME A SUPERSTAR .

I'M A HUGE BASEBALL FAN , I CAN CUT HIM THE SLACK . HE'S JUST A REGULAR GUY THATS A BETTER BALL PLAYER THAN I'LL EVER BE .
[signature]
MY DETROIT TIGERS ARE NO LONGER IN LAST PLACE , I THINK WE SHOULD INVESTIGATE THE OTHER TEAMS BATS FOR LEAD . HOW DARE THEY TAKE OUR TITLE AWAY ! LOL![blush]
[signature]
The problem is no one can PROVE he deliberately cheated or knowingly used the practice bat. Now we all know we have to pay for mistakes. Intentional or unintentional. He was ejected from the game and I think that is good enough for punishment in this case. Maybe even suspend him another game. But unless someone can prove that he knowingly used the practice bat I think everyone ought to lay off and go find someone else to beat on. I am not a baseball fan but mistakes happen. Seems to me all of the teams should get together now and in some way mark any of the practice bats that can not be used legally in a game so this does not happen again. Very simple way to solve this problem so it does not happen again. Now, wonder if I can get paid several million dollars for my advice in solving the practice bat problem? [Tongue]
[signature]
nooooooooooo! you are a detroit fan! haha. they arent doin so good huh?

GO DODGERS!
[signature]
Read an article in the paper (local rag) that said that the only thing that corking a bat would do is increase the speed which the bat will go thru the strike zone. Does not add a whole lot of pop to the bat itself. Now then aluminum bats are stuffed with something that lookes like saran wrap. Talk about your pop.

Personally I still think that steroids are a much larger problem.
[signature]
Are we talking about racing? What car does this Sosa clown drive? Shouldn't this have been posted on the Utah boards?[Wink]

IFG
[crazy] Isn't a cork bat lighter than one thats not , By using cork , would the bat be wider than it would be to make up the difference in weight ? How I see it, he should of known by the weight or by the circumference of the bat ! That in my line of work , I know how my tools feel , and if something felt weird , its was because something was missing or added to ! Its up to the player not to have a cork bat in his possesion while during a game , just like some calibers of guns aren't legal for deer ! If your caught , your in trouble. Im not picking on Sammy personally , this could of happened to anyone , but it happened , and he should be , or at least be on probation , just to set a example to other players that might be using cork bats , and make stiffer fines for the ones that abuse it !! It would only take a minnute to mark your bat !!!!
[signature]
it's aall that darned free pizza they get ! LOL !
[signature]
Flag,

Okay here you go from someone that just local yokal on the street. When you get up to go on deck to bat you grab a couple of bats and then you put a weighted ring on the one that you choose to use. This makes the bat feel lighter when you finally get up to the plate. So by corking you only remove2-3 ounces of weight. The barrel size is not increased at all. When you have lets just say a 34/26 a couple of ounces of weight would be hard to detect. Unlike grabbing a 20 oz hammer instead of a 16.

34/26 stands for length and weight. But yes if this was a spcl batting practise only bat then it should have been marked in some manner to immidiatly identify it as such. He is not the first that has ever been caught at this and he will probably not be the last.
[signature]
oh well, he missed last night's game, and the cubs beat the orioles 2nd game in a row. . now he's got 6 games left, he'll be back next thursday!

sm
[signature]
[Smile][size 4] I was a cub fan long befor this and will stay a cub fan. Who all out there remembers, watching Banks, Jenkins, Santo, Sandburg, play? How many remember the wonderful trades that sent Maddox to the Braves and that skinny shortstop to the Cards. Speaking of the Cards we did get the voice of the Cards. The one the only Harry Carry.[/size]

[size 4] Sosa- lets forgive him and get on with the season. Go Cubbies.[/size]
[signature]