Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
female resrictions..
would support a law that would restrict the taking of females of some of the migratory species .mainly trout and salmon species..posibly by perit purchase only..yes or no and reasons and argument welcomed.
[signature]
This would be a hard one to regulate. I have caught many trout i have thought to be males and when i clean them they turn out to be females. I am sure there are ppl that may have been able to tell that these fish were females but for many fisherman they just simply do not have the training or know how to tell. As for the salmon most river if not all only allow you to keep hathery fish so weather it is a female or male realy shouldnt matter. I talked to a Idah F&G officer and asked mentioned sense no one was catching steelhead in the area at leaste it saves a few. He replied that they want you to catch them. He explained it costs money for each fish thats handled and they want as many as possible to be caught. I said well arnt they worried about not getting enough back. He replied if they were they wouldnt have the season.

Now if your worried about the fish surviving i have a better question, why dont they stop the indians from snagging and spearing they kill alot of wild fish and we all know there arnt many of them.
[signature]
we accidently hook the gill nets they place in lake michigan when ever we can but now we get fined for it..[sly]
[signature]
i would realy have no problem if they would extend the season for the indians or give them more fish per season but when the numbers are already depleated i dont understand why they let them keep wild fish.
[signature]
were repaying our debt to them for past sins..by letting them destroy our fisheries...how long do we continue to pay this debt..
[signature]