Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard report 6-11-03
Well all I finally took my new boat out with my brother for an evening of whatever we catch fishing. We went to Willard Bay arrived at about 6:30 PM and fished until 8 or so. I have never been fishing on Willard but my brother had. We caught 2 wiper and I caught my first walleye; this was the first time I had ever seen a wiper to! They were alot of fun to catch and the wiper put up a good fight, better than the trout I am used to.

I wish I could tell you more about what we used and where we fished, but I do not know the names for them. I do know we went to the northern marina and started trolling off the dike in about 14-16 foot water. We used rappala's shad type?? and trolled them. It was a blast and I can not wait to get out there again.

-OEJ
[signature]
Do you know if it was the north dike?
[signature]
To tell you the truth, I have no exact idea. I would say yes, it was the furthest north dike out there, but as for the shape of the lake and the actual names I have no idea. We also trolled down to a corner and then decided to head back in, since i have never landed the boat I was in.

It sure was fun and I hope to be out doing it a lot more.

-OEJ
[signature]
With all of the helpful information from this site you will know Willard like the back of your hand before the summer is over. Thanks One eyed Jack for the information you were able to provide.
[signature]
Congrats for the first 'eye' better get that thing fried up, before I come over and steal it and batter it up myself!!![sly][sly][sly] Too bad on not hooking a wiper, hopefully you can make a trip up again today and snag one!!! Your new boat should be the trick!!!
[signature]