Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
inflatable pontoon
nice little pontoon style at great price.

something to go on water and have fun.

http://www.boatstogo.com/fishing_pontoon_boat.asp

joco
[signature]
I seen this company before, and there stuff looks really nice! I think this boat would make a great little boat to take to the ocean to do some fishing off of the surf.

I never hear anything about these boats though. Never heard of anyone buying them. Wonder if they are as good as they look?
[signature]
Nice boat. Kind of a Kayak/Canoe/Pontoon.
Not crazy about the motor mount. Looks a little rear heavy, which could get ugly with choppy water, and a long reach to the controls.
Steers nice with the one oar, but then takes away from the hands on fishing.
Could keep your toes nice and warm on cold Fall days though.
[signature]
Yeah i was totally thinking about getting one of these things for when i go to the beach to use as a surf boat for fishing. It looks like it would cut through the surf really well. And it looks like it might be made from a material similar to Dave Scadens toons.

I don't think i would ever put a motor on the thing though. Looks like a bad idea. They tell you to bolt some plywood to a cooler and then mount the motor. I don't think so! I will be perfectly happy rowing the boat. But with that said it looks like a really nice boat that packs up very small. I was gonna get a float tube but this think looks a ton nicer IMO. Plus there is no need to sit in the water.
[signature]
Thanks for the interesting link. Really snazzy looking and seems fast with a troll motor. As I see it, anything with a floor is generally slower and depends on the additional buoyancy provided by the floor to increase weight capacity. That would appear to be true for craft where your butt sits in the water as well.

Think I still prefer pontoons over everything else, but that's just me and the type of fishing I do. Getting in and out of waders and the required ritual with fins is too time consuming and something additional to keep track of - maintain, check, store, lose, etc.

I don't mind getting my feet wet temporarily, but don't like them or my butt marinating in water during the whole trip. Then you have cleaning the muck inside after use and draining/drying out everything- maybe that's why SOT kayaks are getting more popular. Waders I've tried leak at wear points after a few uses or produce inside condensate and don't completely insulate except the heavy neoprene, depending on quality. I can tolerate 40 degree water in my river sandals for about 10 minutes, then just rest my feet on the crossbar to dry out and warm in the sun. With a trampoline seat mounted high on my pontoons, everything is self bailing and drys out quickly even when a large wave splashes. I can drop down my sandaled feet ocassionally for helping with very tight turns but most of the work is done by the motor being contolled by my shins.

Again, that's just my particular style as I see where others might find float tubes or pontoon rafts useful.

Cheers,

Pon
[signature]
One thing I did just notice, is the weight capacity. 220lbs? not a whole lot. Figuring a battery and a motor could run at least 60lbs.
[signature]
Still waiting to see pictures of your rig. One in action would be way cool.
[signature]
Yeah i noticed that to! me being 6'1" 225 might rule that boat out lol. But i may give them a call and see why the weight limit is so low. My pontoon can handle 400lbs. being that the floor in this craft is inflatable i would think it should be able to hold a bit more than that. I dunno, i probly wont be going to the beach till july so i have some time to think about it. I was considering a float tube to launch off the surf but i don't really wanna hang my legs in the water. If it were not for the stupid 220lb weight limit i would of got one of these last year.[frown]
[signature]
yep that weight capacity is not mutch.

myself at 250 plus my stock close to 275..wont get on ono off those .[:p][laugh].

they should do one wit bit more capacity like 350 or something.

i do like the way its made and the price taugh.

joco
[signature]