Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry's Fork report 4/29
Went fishing with a couple co-workers yesterday from Vernon down to Seely. The wind wasn't very cooperative and the precip wasn't any better. We ended up with frequent winds, a little rain, some snow, hail, touch of sleet and just a hint of sun that had a few fish rising to hit bugs on the surface for a couple brief periods. The fishing was pretty slow for that section I'm told, but it wasn't a bust! My one buddy that floats it frequently throughout the year landed 6 trout. A few browns and a couple rainbows. All were around 16" and fat except for a brown around 18" or so with a hooked jaw. I managed to land a 16"+ white fish early on, right after hooking into what looked to be a brown of large size. I'm thinking 18" but I was outvoted and they say 20"+. Who am I to argue[Smile]. Just before taking out I landed a nice fat rainbow that was over 16" and lost another. The third person in the group got some hits on dries but they would mostly just roll on them and not actually take them. The best producing bug was a stonefly but we also produced ok on san juan worms (1) and copper johns (3). Overall, not bad. I was just stoked to break my skunked streak for the year!
[signature]
Sounds like a fun day. Good report.
[signature]
sounds like you guys didn't do to bad. nice job. we went up on monday. and there was a massive caddis hatch. that day was olive bodied elk hair caddis' egg suckin leach patterns work pretty well up there. one of they guys from the fly shop up there was sayin that red colors ,san juans, copper john, virus nymphs, just red variants of your favorite flys he said. but yeah like i said there was top water action goin on. so i didn't focus on nymphin.
[signature]
now when you say stone flys do you mean skwala's golden or salmon flys im betting skwala's
[signature]