Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rainbow Reservoir in Tooele
I have never fished there and was thinking about going out there. Has anyone been out there? Is it worth the trip?
[signature]
where is rainbow res. ?
[signature]
Settlement Canyon. South on Main Street untill you go up the hill, past the Gopher Station (gas station) start looking for a sign that says Camp Wapati, and turn that way. The lake is kind of a put and take lake. For the most part you will only catch planters. The past few times I've gone up there I havn't caught anything (someone else may be a better fisherman than me). You may have to put in a little time to figure out what will work. Most people use powerbait (orange, pink or rainbow).
[signature]
From what i understand is that rainbow res. is on the Deseret chemical depot land and you need to optain a permit through the blm office in toole. It's something like 5 bucks for the year. And you have to keep everything you catch so once you hit your limit of four your done. The guys that i know that go out there usally have their limit within 2 hours. Read the toxology report before you think about ingesting one of those fish though. I found a couple of reports on the internet and it kinda killed my appitite. But catching three eyed fish is always cool.
[signature]
I'e fished settlement before but never heard of rainbow.
[signature]
Actually Bert is correct. you are speaking about Settlement Canyon Res which I think Fishing Girl fishes plenty and had the troutski's figured on it if I'm not mistaken.
[signature]
your right its on the depot and i have ate many fish they wouldnt plant it and charge you if the fish are unsafe
[signature]
Yes I have fished Settlement for many many years. I havent had any luck lately there or Grantsville. So figured I would try Rainbow res. I cant get out to Strawberry or Scofield yet so figured I would try more hometown stuff. Sounds like its worth trying. Its at least something different. I am not catching anywhere else out here so might as well...
Thanks for the info guys :]
[signature]
BTW for what its worth my buddy takes his kid fishing at rainbow quite often. Thats where I am planning on taking my boys for their first time soon also. Its like a community pond for tooele! Great kid fishing he says.
[signature]
Head out of Tooele heading south and when you get about 15 miles out you will see PENNYS little eating place on your right. the next left you come to is heading toward Lehi. Go about 4 mile or so and the reservoir is on your right. I beleive there is a sign. It's between the two roads that head to Deseret Chemical Depot.
[signature]
Sorry I didn't know that lake was called rainbow, I thought you were asking about a lake near Tooele that had rainbows in it. My bad, please forgive me.
[signature]
oh its ok. i didnt know the name of rainbow res. till not too long ago either. thats one reason i was asking info about it , i have never been there. and like i said settlement and grantsville havent been much fun lately. you are forgiven :]
[signature]
Are you fishing the smae Grantsville res that I am? Cause my past few times out there its been killer stuff!!
[signature]
lol. maybe its just me. i havent been out there in about 2 weeks. i guess i need to go back out there
[signature]