Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need yuba help, please!!!!!
Taking my boys back to yuba. I need to know how to fish that lake as I am a novice when it comes to warm water fishing. What are the methods used for catching pike. i have never fished for pike and would like to try it why the boys try to catch those perch. Any help would be greatly apreciated.[Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
Seems like most of us need help at Yuba. I do OK thru the ice for perch, but can't get the rest of it figured out. I thought I was a good pike fisher, being raised in the NE where you can't keep them off the line, but never have been able to get one at Yuba.

What I've done, and mind you it didn't work was to throw big spoons, spinners, spinner baits, rubber swim baits and Rapala's to the shallows with stick-ups and troll them deep across humps and points.
Dead perch are allowed as bait in Yuba, so if the boys get one that is under 6" or so, kill it (I rip the gills out) then hook it on like a swimbait, it may do the trick. Be sure to kill it first as live bait is illegal in UT.

Some guys like Fuzzy and some others who live closer do OK and there is one guy, can't remember what his "call" is, is addicted to getting them. Maybe they will chime in.

Have fun and let us know how it went, I hope you get the boys into the perch.
[signature]
Fishing Yuba with kids? Forget targeting pike. Spend your time targeting perch or walleyes. The pike with come occasionally as incidental catches.

If you want to target pike, fish Redmond.
[signature]
Ya but my kids are 16 and 13 not little guys. but thanks any way.
[signature]
Are fishing from a boat or from the shore?
[signature]
If you take a look at my photo, I caught this eye last year at this time bottom bouncing with worm harness. It was 23+ inches and tasted great. I'm also going down tomorrow to try my luck. Maybe I'm see you. I have a blue Smokercraft.
[signature]

try trolling a bottom bouncer worm harness, #4 hammered silver blabe with some green beads with at least 1 red bead. troll at about .8 mph, try depths from 20 to 10 feet. with this setup you will catch perch, walleye, pike and even carp. if thats not working try casting some big lures up in the weed lines for pike. later chuck
[signature]
Fish for perch and you might get lucky and catch a pike.I have most of my pike on small jigs when fishing for perch. I dont target them but i catch my fare share. I will be out there tomorrow fishing for perch i will be in the tan crestliner with a few freinds god luck.
[signature]
expecting a report
[signature]
If you want Pike, then fish with perch colored crank baits, and 6" Maniac Minnows on a 1/4 to 3/8 oz 4/0 or 5/0 jig head weedless is best but not always needed. Throw those baits in the shallow stick ups and brush, retrieve slow. Those Pike are easy to catch most of the time, but like anything else they can be challenging at times.
Good Luck!

maniaccustomlures.com
[signature]