Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ Strike Report! ! ! !
Well made it down to CJ Strike! Left Wednesday morning got there and the crappie were bitting SLOW!!!! We fished the spill way off the rocks and well a guy was standing on the wall near the fence and cathing one right after the other. Now to me that is not even a challenge. Anyway......I will leave that one alone. Man O Man the Carp were jumping like crazy. Caught a few Crappie some nice sized ones but not a bucket full. Caught 19 Perch they are starting to come in not HOTT though. Weather was very hot today but made for good perch fishing. Sturgeon are HOT! ! ! ! !! seen a guy last night catch one it was a little small but still cool to see. This morning I met a guy that was cathing one about every thirty minutes. He got a nice 7'er Man that thing jumped out of the water 3 times it was awesome time..... I do have some pics of the sturgeon but don't know if he would like me to post em on here but here is my camp...... Sorry if it is too big..... let me know if it is against the rules........ENJOY

Oh and they are still doing some construction down below the damn but not too bad and they installed potable water down there now so.... I took the chance and did not take any..... Thanks for the info on the water last week guys....... Hopefully head out to owhyee res next week.
[signature]
Hey thanks for the report. I just have a question, I was looking at your picture(nice camper BTW) and noticed the construction. Is there any grass left at Scout Park at all. I saw in your picture they pulled up the fire pits and grass closest to the water and leveled everything . I wanted to head up Friday but I usually take my fury friends and they need grass. Please let me know what info. you have. I tried calling Idaho Power and talking to the guy over parks and no reply yet. Thanks.
[signature]
Yeah no more fire pits by the water. There is some grass but it is kinda tore up they have installed sprinklers or attempting too...... But fury guys would be ok with it I think...The also have some small little pipes sticking out of the ground like markers or something WATCH out for em they are not that bad but might blow out a trailer tire.... And thanks for the comment on the trailer.... I am heading up to Steck Park with my kid next Thursday and Friday Any info on that area would be great...
[signature]
Can someone tell me a good place to start fishing on CJ Strike for crappie of perch? I have lived in Idaho for 2 years and finally got my boat here and im ready to start fishing i just need a little help on places to start and what they bite on here. If you could help thank you.
[signature]
I would start off in the "narrows". This is the area on the Bruneau arm located between the large dam area and the Bruneau where it once again widens out. Either Black Sands or the Air Force ramps are convenient to get there. Use a red and white crappie jig with a Crappie Nibble on it. By the way, perch fishing should get hot soon. Best area this time of year is (will be) the area in front of the Cottonwoods rec. area. They are usually in about 14-16 feet of water. Start with worms just off the bottom, and switch to cut bait. Good luck. Mike
[signature]
I fished the narrows of CJ Strike on May 27th and 31st. We launched my boat from the Cottonwoods, which is the closest launch from Mountain Home. We caught many Crappie using a red and white Crappie Jig. We caught them with Crappie niblets, but found them unnecessary as they were biting so freely. We had the best reults with no bobber, simply casting out close to the bank and letting the jig sink with a slow retrieve. We made the job of filleting 50 some fish that we kept a lot easier with an electric fillet knife.
[signature]