Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firth area & Henry's
I made a post a couple weeks ago. thanks for the help. I had a few more questions about the snake right in firth. Can you wade it or do you have to drift? Also I was wondering about Henry's lake we are now going to also be in that area for a day or so and Ive heard that it is a touchy lake. Does any one have an idea about how it usually is at the end of July? Any info would be great.
[signature]
pick up Bill Scheiss' book on Henry's. It will break that lake down by month, area, and flies to use. Truly worthwhile. They had it at Sportsmans in I.F. a while ago. I've also heard rumors that BS flies in Island Park has it.
[signature]
Right on both accounts. B.S. Flies has the book, the flies and info up to date.
If you are planning soon and fishing from shore, good luck as the lake is very shallow and full of vegetation. Which ought to be really thick right now.
You might want to head a little farther north (HEBGEN or QUAKE) till the end of August. Even in a boat, the Veggies in Henry's is tuff.

As far as the FIRTH area....a couple of weeks ago I would say it would be scary, but the flows have come down fast, so wading is possible. PLEASE consider a wading staff at all times however.
[signature]
Thank you for your info I'll report how I do
[signature]