Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
July 18th Strawberry
Fisthed Strawberry with N.E.T.O. It was a little slow but we managed to get 40 to the boat. We caught them both vertically jigging and casting and slowly retrieving our jigs across the bottom. We anchored up in a few areas and because there was minimal wind, all day long, we did more than usual drift jigging. I can't remember the last time I caught two rainbows at Strawberry in the same day. Attached is a picture of a 21" 4 pounder bow. Great day and always a pleasure to fish with Randy.
[signature]
Kent

It was good seeing you up there yesterday. That is a beauty of a fish.
[signature]
Hi Matt,

Thanks, and it was nice saying hi out on the water. It sounded like you guys did Ok.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#500028]Ooh, now that's a nice rainbow, and fat too. I would guess he put up quite a fuss before you got him to the boat. [/#500028][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#500028][/#500028][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#500028]Forty fish is slow? I would consider that a fantastic day, but then you two are the kings of Strawberry jigging and you're plum spoilt [Wink]. [/#500028][/font]
[signature]
So when are we going to hit the berry? I bought an anchor for my boat.. Or did i do something to upset you at pineview? I would really like to fish with you again and not smell the skunkage.[bobdumb][bobdumb]
[signature]
[quote 4_luv_of_fishin]

So when are we going to hit the berry? I bought an anchor for my boat.. Or did i do something to upset you at pineview? I would really like to fish with you again and not smell the skunkage. [Image: dumb.gif] [Image: dumb.gif]

[/quote]

Unfortunately, my fishing is primarily limited to fishing on Saturdays, and not all of them either. The family likes to fish and I also have a list of friends that I enjoy drowning crawlers with. So Steve, do not try to read anything into me not fishing with you on a regular basis as anything more than Kent is busy and although he would enjoy fishing with me and many other folks on here time does not allow him to do so.
[signature]
It was really a good trip! There was really no wind at all during the whole day. There were more recreational type boaters out there than I can ever remember seeing. Families out swimming and pulling tubes, etc. The water temp is in the higher 70's in some parts of the lake. Kent and I started pretty early and stayed most of the day. It was extremely relaxing to me! Funny how although we tried to "take turns" catching the fish, we found that we would each go in streaks of a few fish. Kent caught the only two Rainbows of the day, with the very first fish of the day being one of those. We caught a few Cutts that were pushing 22", but none were over that mark that I noticed. This was also kind of test-drive for the boat as we had just done some fiberglass repair on Kent's boat (damage from the storm while Sturgeon fishing) and wanted to see how it held up. Happy to see at the end of the day that not even one drop of water came out when we removed the plugs! Not bad for a couple of fiberglass rookies.
Thanks again Kent for an excellent trip!
Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
Thanks for the nice post and picture. I fished with a friend last week and we headed over to the east side from Renegade. We caught many rainbows. First time ever on Strawberry to catch more rainbows than cuts. I would never believe it if I had not seen it myself.

I want to take my kick boat up there this week. Are there any good jigging spots that can be reached with a kick boat? I would really like to try more of that.

I can't wait until all these rainbows grow up to be 5 pound fish. That will be fun.
[signature]
North or east from the Renegade parking lot are both possibilities for jigging from a kick boat. Saturday I was surprised to see a guy all the way to the mouth of Mud Creek in a tube. That is a long ways to go by fin power. And had the wind come up it would have been a long hike back for him to get to his vehicle.
[signature]
Nice report Kent, I just hope we can do half that good in a couple of weeks during the DAV event[:/].
[signature]