Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview 7-21-09
[Smile]Went to Pineview yesterday. got up there about 7:20, pulled into a pullout by the dam, walked down the trail and started fishin'. There was a lot of flooded brush around, but i found a good opening. The lake is still way high, last year at this time there was tons of beach here! Anyway i was throwing a perch colored rapala slashbait in the opening, and everytime i got to this one spot, i felt either a bite or plants... Hard to tell sometimes. but then these idiot jet-skiers cam zooming by at about 50 miles an hour less than 10 feet from where i was standing on the shore! scared them fish away. Went up to the truck and blew up a yellow river raft. yes a river raft. Carried it skillfully down the trail and set it in the water. paddled out to the white bouys and started throwing jigs tipped with worm. white and pearl white curly tail grubs. and more spinners and crankbaits. Nothing. water skiers waves blew us way over to cemetary point. Trolled various rapala crankbaits on our way in. and failed. again.[frown]. Am i doing something wrong? should i fish somehwere else?[fishin]
[signature]
Well welcome to fish'n PV in the summer...PV is the most heavily used power squadron reservoir in northern Utah. We've fished PV extensively in previous summers it's a nightmare in the afternoon.

My recommendation is early in the morning till about noon...off then back on say around 6pm. The shore lines get beat to hell and back. If anything I'd work the north bay in a raft or tube as it's bouyed off. Also up the narrows alsobouyed off working the rocky shore line for SMB and pan fish.

IMHO all the bays in all the main 3-arms of PV need to be off limits to boats above a wakeless speeds.

Sorry the fish'n wasn't better for you but again PV is not a nice place for anglers during the summer months again IMHO unless you fish way early or evening hours and tolerate the power squadrons for a few hours before sunset.
[signature]
Thanks for the help k2muskie! i will try harder next time. also, what does IMHO mean? thanks!
[signature]
IMHO = In My Honest Opinion
[signature]