Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BIG bass on the Ogden!!
Hit the river today hoping to catch bigger browns with a new tactic. Lost one big one close to shore, then another, then slam thought i had a HUGE brown. Turned out to be an 18-19 inch 5 lb bass [Smile] Kept fishing and missed two more hits at my feet by two more bass. Crazy that theres that many in one hole when ive only caught 1 before that on the river.

[inline IMAGE_304.jpg]
[inline IMAGE_307.jpg]
[inline IMAGE_306.jpg]
[signature]
I am very impressed, job well done.
[signature]
Thats a pretty cute little smallmouth[sly]
[signature]
That's a nice smallmouth. they do fight like a monster brown. I caught a smallmouth last year out of the ogden. I thought it was a nice brown then i pulled it out what in the h#ll is this frecking awesome. Pineviewfisher
[signature]
That's a nice little prize!
[signature]
i wish it were a brown. however i am still stoked about the catch, biggest smallmouth to date.

Gonna hit the weber AS SOON AS POSSIBLE to try out my new secret lure there ha ha
[signature]
good for you! nice little toad out of the ogden of all places!!! im 90% certain i know where you were fishing from the background, and if i think its where it is, i have caught some ok sized browns there but never a bass.
[signature]
well i went to that hole when water was low and it was loaded with fish and i saw a big brown in there. around 20 inches so i thought id try for him. no luck but ill be back.
[signature]
Nice Bass! There's actually quite a few of them in there. Flycastin and I have caught a few Bass, perch and even seen some tigers in there before. Pretty cool to see what comes out of the dam when they release the flow.
I think it would be way fun to fish right below the dam with a big old crankbait [cool]. Too bad it's closed off [:/]
[signature]