Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WARNING's in WARM WEATHER on the WATER
As the weather get's warmer and the sun shine's brighter,silly lil' private boaters take to the water on their weekend follies!Unfortunately,Many Boaters are novice's to our countries maritime laws and regs,as so the case this afternoon.Aboard the MV Monte Carlo,we anchored up on the horseshoe to be treated to a Absolute Calico Bass Bonanza! WFO! and BIG.I realesed a Limit of 5lb'er in very short time.The Crew were danceing as fast as they can to customers and That's when "I" Turn to the Bow and said "O" #hit!!!! A 30 to 40 ft Cabin Cruiser similar to a "Farallon" was Full Speed Drift Sideways Headed Dead center to the windlass!I SERIOUSLY CANNOT BLAME ANY CREW MEMBER TO IT JUST BEING THERE! BECAUSE THE CAPT. HAD BEEN THROUGHLY MAKING THE PRIVATE BOATERS IN THE AREA TO STAY CLEAR! I NOTICED THIS BOAT MINUTES PRIOR A 1/2 MILE EAST,AND ENGINE SMOKE SLIGHTLY FROM POSSIBLY TRYING TO START IT.WELL IT EVENTUALLY WAS WITHIN 20yrds in seconds DUE IT"S VERY HIGH PROFILE,THE CREW ACTED RAPIDLY AND MYSELF WITH ANOTHER PASSENGER SIMILAR TO MY SIZE HELD THE VESSEL,WHILE THE CREW PUSHED THE MV TO RIGHT FREE AND CLEAR OF THE MONTE CARLO.THE PRIVATE BOAT HAD AT LEAST 8 MEN,THAT HAD "NO" CLUE WHAT TO DO! NORE DID THEY EVEN ATTEMPT TO MAKE WARNING! THEY WERE OBVIOUSLY FORENIGERS,UNABLE TO SPEAK ENGLISH.THE OPERATOR OF THE PRIVATE BOAT AFTER THE ANCHOR SHEILD POP'ED THERE WINDSHILD,WAS GOING TO ATTEMPT TO TRY TO START HIS BOAT AGAIN,BUT THE CAPT.of Monte Carlo KEPT HIS ATTENTION A RECOGNIZED THIS AND "SCREAMED "NO" "NO" and HAND SIGNs the Private Boater,stoped,Witch could have been a Serious Promlem,as everone knows "Prop's and Anchor Line's Don't Mix!!!"Well Thanks to The Capt. and Crew, for working fast to what could have been possibly bad,as well as they Thanked Us,for being so HUGE! and responsive. BUT THE FACT IS, THERE ARE A LOT OF NUT SACKS WITH BOATS SO KEEP EYES PEELED!
[signature]
ah man....I should have been there. I was going to work today but the coach of my baseball team scheduled a game at the last minute. I wish I could have been there to help. Even though I am small, I am sure I could have done something.

by the way.... What does MV mean???

I bet that put Danny in a bad mood huh?

joe
[signature]
MV Motor Vessel

chris
[signature]